Laine Injury Pool

How many games will Patrik Laine miss due to the blocked shot injury?

• Total voters

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Laine gonna win the Rocket...

Because he can...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm going with two. They will hold him out this weekend to give the Preds a false sense of security :sarcasm:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think they sit him for three games. It's enough to get his batteries re-charged. He'll then probably play the rest of the season or maybe sit game 81 or 82.

The more I think about it the more it just makes sense to let him heal/rest properly now. Yeah, it sucks that he lost the Rocket but ultimately I just want to see him making noise in the PO's. The Jets have great window here to rest him and make sure he's 100% when the PO's kick in.

Edit: And now I see I accidentally voted 2 games. :laugh:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I posted this in the other Laine injury thread, but the impact site of the puck (the dark blob, highlighted in the picture) is in such a place that I find it highly improbable to be anything else than a bruise. Hence I voted 0 games, in reality it's probably going to be 1-2 games.

Dr. Tommigun.

Attachments

• LainePuck.png
    LainePuck.png
    503.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: irunthepeg

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
If only Trouba's fiancee would post here. I'm sure she could analyze Laine's aura and make a confident prediction. :sarcasm:

I'm going with the most pessimistic option available because... well, you know.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Patrik Laine update: Nothing broken, it’s a bruise. No set timeline for return— probably 4-14 days. As of now, Maurice thinks Laine is unlikely for NSH game on Sunday. #NHLJets

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I wouldn't be planning that Nostradamus party just yet. You voted for the minimum in the recovery range, and they said he is unlikely to play against Nashville.

Yes and I wrote that in reality it's going to be 1-2 games, even though I voted for 0 games (because I wanted it to be so even though it was not going to happen) :)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'm sending HFJets the bill for my services. Also Dreger had a tweet something along the lines of 4-14 days. That's a huge gap of time lmao.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm sending HFJets the bill for my services. Also Dreger had a tweet something along the lines of 4-14 days. That's a huge gap of time lmao.
If you listen to the Maurice interview, the quote was along the lines of that is the time range players come back with this type of injury. Since there is no fracture and it is a bruise it now becomes about how well Laine can skate with the injury and does he have the necessary speed or is he hobbling with it.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->