Post-Game Talk: Laine Gets 40 Not Enough - Flyers 2 Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Little is going to eventually cost us one of our talented youngsters but we're going to resign Stastny next year?

Ok then.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Stastny, not even on notice yet. We're waiting!
He has not been here long enough but once teams start keying on him or he goes into a slump I'm sure some people will start complaining ... not me:D. The good thing about being an elite team ... teams can put the best line up against the Stastny line but the Jets have 2 other lines very capable of scoring that's why during the playoffs there is always a surprise goal scorer on winning teams.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So Little has one less point than Wheeler and Perreault in the last 10 games?
Trade Wheeler!
Trade Perreault!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Trade Wheeler!
Trade Perreault!
points aren't everything. some of us watch the players play.
Little's looked bad. don't deny that. lost some puck battles. hasn't made the right pass. failed to score on his few opportunities.

Reactions: Hulide and sipowicz

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Help me understand how would you make things work with Little. It seems that he can’t find the chemistry with any winger on team. So we are having an expensive 3 C. What would you do? Trade all wingers and if that doesn’t work trade wingers again?
How do you know what PoMo wants Little to do?
Maybe he is told not to take any chances always play defense first. We don't know ... we are not in that dressing room. As long as his line is giving up a ton of goals and losing games I have no problem with Little.
Little does not have to score lots of goals to be effective infact there are only 3 teams with more goals than the Jets so goal scoring is not a problem for the Jets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Beware the small sample size of GF%.

That's why shot metrics are usually more predictive of future results

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Trade Wheeler!
Trade Perreault!

Good point -
Actually, other than the Stas line, they should all be traded - or - we can await for our injured guys to return before throwing out the baby and the bath water.
Our lines are a bit of a mess right now and Little will be fine with Matty once the dust settles - I look forward to seeing this discussion go away.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
points aren't everything. some of us watch the players play.
Little's looked bad. don't deny that. lost some puck battles. hasn't made the right pass. failed to score on his few opportunities.
I don't think Little has looked bad lately. Scoring is hard in the NHL, he needs a bit of puck luck. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't getting any chances but he is and that will eventually pay off. Lost some puck battles? Who hasn't? He's also won a lot.

I think his overall poor play is pretty exaggerated.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Did more then Wheeler who made like one good play? Or are we just gonna make excuses for him too?
Wheeler was much better than Little in the last game. Must take a strong need to cheer for Little even how bad he plays to not see it. Sure not the best game from Wheeler, but the effort was definitely there like it usually is for him. And there was more good plays than just one. Honestly much more good plays than Little had.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Wheeler was much better than Little in the last game. Must take a strong need to cheer for Little even how bad he plays to not see it. Sure not the best game from Wheeler, but the effort was definitely there like it usually is for him. And there was more good plays than just one. Honestly much more good plays than Little had.
I think you're wrong, Little had a stronger game than Wheeler imo. Not saying much since the whole team was off.

Little being a bit off his career norms in points does not mean he is a bad player. Insisting that he is doesn't equate to facts.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
The Enstrom injuries are getting out of hand , when he is healthy and in the lineup we are a better team but i think the Jets have to let him go for next season . He is just too brittle and i don't think that is going to get better as he gets older .
Maybe Niku could replace him? They seem like quite similar type of players.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I actually saw a alot I liked about Roslovic this game. Maybe didn't produce but his tenacity and strength with the puck was impressive for a first year. That's what was missing from Connor's game last year.

Roslovic has really impressed me with his maturity.
He is quite promising. But at the moment he shouldn’t really play in a scoring line, but rather in a 3rd or 4th line. I like his effort and skating, but he is not yet ready to take an offensive role. I think that in the future he will be a nice 2nd or 3rd line center though. At least I very much hope so, and I even feel quite confident about it happening.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I am wondering how many Finns want their countrymen to do well regardless of the Jets...
Definitely not me at least. And I’m pretty sure that almost all the Finns who post actively here share this approach with me. A bit nasty to keep thinking this about us Finns. It’s still a team game, so being a fan of a player should really make you automatically a fan of the team and want the team to win as much as possible. I was definitely very disappointed in the Philly game, even though Pate scored and even reached 40 goals already. Didn’t change the bitterness of the loss by any means for me at least.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You need high end skill to play with Ehlers and Laine, sorry but Little is no longer that guy and Copp with those two was a joke. Stastny pretty much proves that with a high skill centre that Ehlers and Laine can work well together with the right centre!

Oh Sip Sip Sip. Stastny hasn’t been hardly any different then anyone else. The difference in Laine is moving his feet,creating chances on his own, and burying those grade A chances. Has very little to do with his center.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I don't think Little has looked bad lately. Scoring is hard in the NHL, he needs a bit of puck luck. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't getting any chances but he is and that will eventually pay off. Lost some puck battles? Who hasn't? He's also won a lot.

I think his overall poor play is pretty exaggerated.
I don’t think Little’s overall play has really been that bad, as I definitely admit that he has been defensively one of the best forwards that the Jets have. The problem is though that offensively he is pretty darn bad, and especially he seems to be dragging down the production for anyone who plays with him this season. Until this changes I see him as a pretty fine 3rd or 4th line center and a complete waste in the top 2 scoring lines. Unfortunately this is how it very clearly is for me at the moment.

I don’t mind if the situation changes and he starts being a productive top 2 center, but until that really happens, he should rather be in the 3rd or 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad