Ladd Vs. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prucha73

Do they have the skill to be top line players in NHL or are 2nd and 3rd lines more likely destination for them?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Ladd absolutely. One of the few truely great players of this 2004 draft.

I still get the feeling Brown may not make it as a scorer, and become something like a Morrow and that's about it. Not saying Morrow sucks, just that Ladd clearly has upside far beyond that.

swinginutter*

Mizral said:
Ladd absolutely. One of the few truely great players of this 2004 draft.

I still get the feeling Brown may not make it as a scorer, and become something like a Morrow and that's about it. Not saying Morrow sucks, just that Ladd clearly has upside far beyond that.

20+ goals from Brown is good enough for me. He needs to spend at least one season in the "A" in my book. His brains and balls will give him a long career in the NHL. Adam Deadmarsh clone, and we (Kings fans) deserve it! As for Ladd.......he needs to play in the big league's before I can make a good comparison. Like what I hear though.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
swinginutter said:
20+ goals from Brown is good enough for me. He needs to spend at least one season in the "A" in my book. His brains and balls will give him a long career in the NHL. Adam Deadmarsh clone, and we (Kings fans) deserve it! As for Ladd.......he needs to play in the big league's before I can make a good comparison. Like what I hear though.

I thought he played for an AHL team last year ;)

I don't think there is any point in putting him in the A now, it's not like we are going to have a good team anytime soon :cry:

As far as DB's scoring goes, he seems to have produced points when given quality ice time. When he has been relagated to the third or fourth line it''s a different story.

swinginutter*

Legionnaire said:
I thought he played for an AHL team last year ;)

I don't think there is any point in putting him in the A now, it's not like we are going to have a good team anytime soon :cry:

As far as DB's scoring goes, he seems to have produced points when given quality ice time. When he has been relagated to the third or fourth line it''s a different story.

We could probably save this for the Kings board. But I guess you're right he did play for the LA Monarchs. I really felt he shouldn't have made it out of training camp, and should have been sent back to Guelph, exactly like Kanko with Kitchener. As for putting him in the "A" next year.......the Kings are given that option and last year we had no choice. I think he should log good minutes and play against men for a good portion of the season and see how he reacts. As for line combos.........that's a completely different novel.....AM needs an asset management course. :banghead:

Sethis

May 9, 2004
Andrew Ladd.

Got a chance to see the Hitmen play a few times this year. I have faith that him and Getzlaf will make the NHL, and I could see Ladd dominate.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've never seen Ladd so I can't comment on him, but I have seen a bit of Brown, and have read up on him pretty extensively. I think the Deadmarsh/Morrow comparisons are pretty apt. A strong, although not huge player with great wheels, a nose for the net, and good hands, with hockey sense being about average. I can see him as a 30 goal scorer in the NHL that provides alot of the intangibles. Valuable, but not really a "star."

Kingz4life

Feb 7, 2004
Los Angeles
I don't know anything about Ladd. Dustin Brown is a Deadmarsh type player in every aspect of the game. He's either 18 maybe he turned 19 I'm not sure, but his offense will come in time and he'll be at the very least a very good second line winger. I'm expecting him to be a future number one star forward in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->