Ladd Eligible For WJC 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
19bruins19 said:
Let's just say that Stewart is confused. :joker:

Haha he's lovin life. He probably thought that because Ladd was drafted with Barker in 04 but that was because of his late 05 birthdate.

firebear331

Dec 26, 2004
Ladd is definitely out for next year. If the N.H.L is still locked out we should have Crosby back and definitely Cam Barker. Under seventeen world championships final is played tomorrow night and being shown on tsn with team pacific and team western facing off. Hopefully Canada can repeat next year in Vancouver with hometown kid Gilbert Brule teamed up with Crosby.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Aaron Vickers said:
I wonder if they had already dipped into the Champagne when Stewart was interviewed.
Underage drinking, eh?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Aaron Vickers said:
I wonder if they had already dipped into the Champagne when Stewart was interviewed. I wondered if there was some trick birthdate deadline Ladd somehow magically qualified for to be eligible.

Thanks.
If Ladders birthday was 13 days later he could have played next year. December 25th is the date, as he'd turn 20 after the WJC had started.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
In fairness I don't think Stewart is the brightest guy on any given day.

It will be extremely difficult for this team to repeat next year. Only one returning player (that's assuming Crosby is in the NHL or Europe and Barker remains in the Dub), and one of the best players who will be eligible for next year's team, Alexandre Picard (CLB), may very well be in the NHL as well.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Aaron Vickers said:
Stewarts' over the age of 18.

Only Crosby isn't, so they can keep the booze away from him...
But they're still in North Dakota, right?

Picard is also an 85 birthdate.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Matt MacInnis said:

It will be extremely difficult for this team to repeat next year. Only one returning player (that's assuming Crosby is in the NHL or Europe and Barker remains in the Dub), and one of the best players who will be eligible for next year's team, Alexandre Picard (CLB), may very well be in the NHL as well.

I agree, but I think Canada's depth will allow them to bounce back quicker than most. Plus, a lot of teams are losing key players and bringing back mostly secondary guys (Russia for instance).

The big exception to this is Finland who will have almost their entire team back, and should probably be considered the early favorite for 2006.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
Please...Canadians will make a run for the border...they'll be in Winnipeg in under an hour by now, and that town will host a CELEBRATION!

(and on a side note, forgot the legal age is 21...you poor boys!)

I have a hunch a couple of them will find a way to get a bit of champagne.

Stewart and Dixon both looked like they'd already been through a bottle when the medals were handed out.

Matt MacInnis said:

Picard is an 85 as well.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Hossa said:
I have a hunch a couple of them will find a way to get a bit of champagne.

Stewart and Dixon both looked like they'd already been through a bottle when the medals were handed out.

I think it would be hilarious if they opened some champagne in the dressing room on TV and the cops busted in, confiscated the booze, and arrested the coaches.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Crosby
Picard
Bourret
Little
Pouliot
Brule
Bertram
Chipchura
Bolland
Wolski
Chucko
Sheppard
Latendresse
Towes

Plenty of talent and size to go around up front

Its the blueline that will look shaky.

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Epsilon said:
I think it would be hilarious if they opened some champagne in the dressing room on TV and the cops busted in, confiscated the booze, and arrested the coaches.

I half expected that to happen. I was sitting there wondering why they weren't drinking in the dressing room, and it wasn't until I remembered of the drinking age in the US that I put it together. Not sure if that's why there was no champagne, but I defenitely thought of that scenario too.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Funny, but as American hockey fans will tell you, very unlikely given the game wasn't on TV. :D

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:

what an ignorant comment. i guess every canadian hockey player/fan knows that ladd (being an '04 pick) has a late '85 birthdate.

if taking potshots against a guy who just became a world champion makes you happy, then i feel very sorry for you. he's earned everything he's ever received from hockey, and your comment is disgraceful as a supposed hockey fan.

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
I'm nervous for next year's team... Hosting the tournament in Vancouver and having basically no returning players... That's scary... The only two eligible players from what I've heard are Crosby and Barker and I'd expect both of them to be in the NHL by then and likely not released from their respective teams (if the NHL is a go by then)... So, we go into next year's tourny, that we are hosting, with a completely rookie roster... No returning forwards, no returning defensemen and no returning goaltenders... That's scary... Who knows who will step it up over the next year though... That team can't be judged until we see who we have available at that time and how they are playing... I hear that the Fins should be a very solid team next year though... and Schwarz will still be eligible to come back for the Czechs, so don't rule them out... Ovechkin aged out this year I think but Malkin I believe will be back for the Russians...

All I know is that the drought is over and DAMN does it ever feel good!!!!!!!!!!! :yo: :handclap:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Jason MacIsaac said:
Crosby
Picard
Bourret
Little
Pouliot
Brule
Bertram
Chipchura
Bolland
Wolski
Chucko
Sheppard
Latendresse
Towes

Plenty of talent and size to go around up front

Its the blueline that will look shaky.

thats a good list, and canada will still be one of the top teams next year, bc they have some very good replacements. but in all honesty, this years group trumps that group by a landslide. this year had basically all 85s that played the year earlier, coming from the best draft class in over a decade. i think u definitely have to look at finland and i think the usa will have a good shot. finland returns alot of players, and the usa really only loses osullivan, fritsche, stafford, and suter of their 85s that did anything. i admit those 4 are huge loses, but they still have alot of talent that wasnt named this year, and could make some noise next year.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Boomhower said:
Don't forget Little and Pouliot.
And Dustin Boyd, a player who was among the final cuts for this years stacked team. I think guys like Boyd and Bolland who almost made it onto this team have a high chance of making it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->