Confirmed with Link: Lack 50% + Murphy + 7th ('19) to CGY for Kanzig + 6th ('19)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
? It saves them $2.255M.

Lack at 50% = savings of 1.5M
Murphy = savings of 825K

Kanzig = addition of 70k (AHL salary)

I wasn't counting Murphy.

Lack was a 3rd goalie and won't be replaced. Murphy was our 7th D who will likely be replaced by Haydn Fleury who makes $863k (more).

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Why are we talking about cap hit and not actual money when we're like 90M away from the cap? Murphy was set to make 825,000 dollars next year.

And they weren't going to shove Fleury in the minors if he was NHL ready, which they think he is. Murphy would have been on the roster or buried in the AHL making his full salary.

But even they were to have Murphy on the roster instead of Fleury, I'm not sure how the trade saves only 500k overall. We'd be paying Lack 1.5M more if we didn't make the trade.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
RF's decision to sign Ward to that 2 year contract continues to have it's negative effects on this franchise. And will continue to do so for 1 more year.

Now we have an entitled goalie that casn't stop much of anything backing up our goalie of the future. Sounds like fun!

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
RF's decision to sign Ward to that 2 year contract continues to have it's negative effects on this franchise. And will continue to do so for 1 more year.

Now we have an entitled goalie that casn't stop much of anything backing up our goalie of the future. Sounds like fun!

Entitled what?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Lack sucks. Ward sucks. There's no difference.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I assume the man making the personnel decisions, Ron Francis, cares.

Somehow I doubt RF sits around wringing his hands over the *does math badly* $38,000 difference between Ryan Murphy's cap hit and his actual would-be salary. If PK wants to get that money back, he can just spend a few less minutes idling his plane on the QC airport runway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->