Injury Report: Labanc

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
Is there any doubt this isn't a concussion? Why not come out and say it. I think the NHL's reluctance to disclose injuries, especially head injuries, isn't helping them from a player safety view. I wish more teams would come out and say if it was a concussion instead of "upper body". I don't know if it'd make a difference but I think better acknowledging it would start leading towards better protection for the players.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Is there any doubt this isn't a concussion? Why not come out and say it. I think the NHL's reluctance to disclose injuries, especially head injuries, isn't helping them from a player safety view. I wish more teams would come out and say if it was a concussion instead of "upper body". I don't know if it'd make a difference but I think better acknowledging it would start leading towards better protection for the players.
Because opposing teams will target the actual injury even if it's the head.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Banc came back after they "checked" him for a concussion right? Then left again? Thats not a good look

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Banc came back after they "checked" him for a concussion right? Then left again? Thats not a good look
It's not uncommon. You can pass the initial protocol but then after getting cleared to go back in, you exert yourself and maybe dizziness or a migraine sets in and they'll pull you out again.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
It's not uncommon. You can pass the initial protocol but then after getting cleared to go back in, you exert yourself and maybe dizziness or a migraine sets in and they'll pull you out again.

When he came back I could see blood coming out of his ear haha I dunno how TF he got back on the ice

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So Melker and Jumbo in the top 6 against the Blues and Knights? Wonderful.

Meh, I don't think they're really going to miss much with Labanc out. He gives up a lot defensively and is pretty lazy with his stick taking penalties. I hope they move Marleau up and just let the bottom six pray even more they don't give up much.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I think he came back to the bench but I don't think he played. Probably just took a twirl during a whistle at most then went back.
I remember thinking when they showed him coming back to the bench that he had that thousand-yard stare look to him, which is a pretty good indication of a concussion. Was kind of surprised that they let him come back.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I think he came back to the bench but I don't think he played. Probably just took a twirl during a whistle at most then went back.

They showed him on the ice and almost positive he took a shift. Before the face-off I saw blood coming from or outta his ear.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
When he came back I could see blood coming out of his ear haha I dunno how TF he got back on the ice
Holy crap! I missed that!
I remember thinking when they showed him coming back to the bench that he had that thousand-yard stare look to him, which is a pretty good indication of a concussion. Was kind of surprised that they let him come back.
Hard to tell with him, he's one of those people who always has the thousand yard stare... Physically gifted but seems to lack intelligence.

Reactions: Friday

c rachoff

Dec 13, 2019
Meh, I don't think they're really going to miss much with Labanc out. He gives up a lot defensively and is pretty lazy with his stick taking penalties. I hope they move Marleau up and just let the bottom six pray even more they don't give up much.
I couldn't agree with you more! LaBanc has a shot if given a good pass but is a liability in the remaining phases of the game. Basically re-signed because Doug couldn't afford an upgrade.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Did he actually play after coming back or did he just sit on the bench?

They showed him on the ice and almost positive he took a shift. Before the face-off I saw blood coming from or outta his ear.

He took 1 shift at the start of the 2nd, then his next shift was 10+ minutes later. So i am guessing it happened on the 1st shift, after missing the 10+ minutes he had 3 shifts to end the period. But never came back for the 3rd.

Reactions: Friday

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
He took 1 shift at the start of the 2nd, then his next shift was 10+ minutes later. So i am guessing it happened on the 1st shift, after missing the 10+ minutes he had 3 shifts to end the period. But never came back for the 3rd.

Its good to know im not crazy haha. If someone has access to a reply you can probably take a frame of his ear bleeding right before that face off mid 2nd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad