La Liga 2023-24

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Barca takes an early lead, Christensen of all people, chested the ball into control nicely and then volleys it in.

But Girona strike back immediately from kick-off, Duvbnyk with his 20th of the season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Tough for Barca, as Portu scores the equalizier about a minute after coming on. Dovbnyk with patience to wait until squaring the ball for the scorer.

And Gutierrez puts Girona ahead. Barca defence collapsing.

Edit: And with Portu scoring his 2nd to make it 4-2, looks like Girona will mathematically secure their CL spot with this win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbonium

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't mind finishing behind Real and being eliminated by PSG, as we can't match those teams at this point in our history.

But finishing a whole season behind Girona is a historical disgrace.
To be fair Girona has dirty City money. You should not feel too bad.

Besides, it is not over. You guys can still finish ahead of them.

Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I don't mind finishing behind Real and being eliminated by PSG, as we can't match those teams at this point in our history.

Finishing behind Girona would be much worse than finishing behind Espanyol, who at least have previous good Spanish top flight history behind them with some 3rd place finishes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pretty frustrating to watch Valencia struggle so much due to a terrible owner. Their social media team tries to highlight the fact that they use their academy players more than almost any other top division team in Europe but it's only due to Lim refusing to spend any money.

Amunt!

Valencia should be proud of promoting from the cantera, but the club is definitely being mismanaged. It wouldn’t take a huge outlay to make them more competitive either if they scout well. Imagine if they’d only spent the 21 million it took for Sporting Lisbon to get a guy like Gyokeres. Sure they need more than just him, but a goalscorer like that for Valencia is probably the difference between mid table and a European place. Also, with the stadium and being in Europe the investment probably largely pays for itself.

So glad I prioritized birdwatching instead of the match today.

Actually, we have to give Girona some credit because irrespective of us they’re still having a very strong season. You’re still right though. It’d be OK if we didn’t have the talent, but we do. I’m not even a fan of some of our highest profile players, but we should still be performing better. I have a feeling we either won’t/can’t get rid of the players we should, but I hope we can at least bring in a couple of players we need.

Also, agreed on Xavi. Managerial merry-go-round has changed a bit in the last couple of weeks and now I’m definitely more in the camp of “take a chance and bring him in”. It’s not as though there aren’t still some interesting managers out there, though a couple of weeks ago it seemed as though there were destined for elsewhere. I think my biggest gripe are his selections and refusal to give guys minutes because they weren’t “his signings” even if they perform.

Reactions: Turbonium

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad