WWE: LA Knight's 20 Year Climb To The Top

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from cbssports.com:

la-knight-pose.jpg

It took LA Knight exactly half of his life to experience the height of his career. Twenty years after starting his professional wrestling journey, Knight gets the biggest opportunity of his career to date at WWE Fastlane when he teams up with all-time great John Cena.

"I have been at this for so long..." Knight, 40, told CBS Sports ahead of WWE Fastlane on Saturday. "That's the craziest part about this. In a weird way, it's like an overnight success, but it was also 20 years in the making to get to an overnight success. It's such a juxtaposition in a strange way. I still have a habit of looking over my shoulder and waiting for somebody to pull the rug out from under me.

"I'm used to, 'No, no, no' and me having to push, 'Yeah, yeah!' It's me having to create my own opportunities. Even when I'm now put into bigger opportunities, it's still not a point where I can relax."

Knight's role in one of Saturday's big matches is particularly unique. He will team with Cena, the shared record holder for most recognized world championship reigns in WWE history and a legitimate Hollywood star, as part of Cena's brief two-month return to action. They battle Solo Sikoa and Jimmy Uso representing The Bloodline, one of the most significant stables in WWE history. Knight's relentless dedication has carried him here, but self-belief can wane at times after such an arduous path.

"In a weird way, I've got no business being here," Knight said. "Looking just a year ago at where I was and what I was doing, what a hell of a turnaround. It's damn near unheard of.

Full story and interview: LA Knight: 'It was 20 years in the making to get to an overnight success' as he preps to team with John Cena

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad