LA Kings Font Help Please?

tantrum4*

Does anyone know the name of the actual font the Kings used on their old logo here (the word "Kings"):
iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.gif

and also the actual font they use on the logo today?:
sports-hockey-los-angeles-kings-rink-logo-poster-TRrp1513.jpg

Thank you if you can help me out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RonSwanson*

The first one is a standard serif font, like Times.

I believe the newer font is custom.

lifebird

Jan 16, 2012
Chicago area
Have any of you had luck finding a download for the custom fonts in use today? I could really use it this week if you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks, TB

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
It's probably custom. I doubt they even have a whole alphabet. Often you'll see the same letter look different on different things.

Best you can probably do is look at their website and kings merchandise and sort of compile what you need. Then you can reconstruct it. I tried a while back to make a kings font this way, but could never finish it.

Ron*

It's a custom font, and personally I think it sucks.

But what the hell, we won a Stanley Cup with it, we went to the WCF last season with it, and we are yet again a SC contender this season, so I guess we should keep it.

Ya think?

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
It's a custom font, and personally I think it sucks.

But what the hell, we won a Stanley Cup with it, we went to the WCF last season with it, and we are yet again a SC contender this season, so I guess we should keep it.

Ya think?

^^^ agree. Remember the first year of Kopitar's jersey looked like he was #77? And the "fixed" #1's he wears now aren't much better.

Some of the numbers 0 - 9 are okay I guess, but why even deviate from a "standard" hockey number font?? There's really no reason for it to be as different as it is.

One thing that I really like about the purple vintage jerseys is the "regular" number font looks so much better.

And the font for the "LA" is laughable. It looks bad on the jerseys and even worse at center ice. It looks like it was shoehorned into the "design" to be an ad for LA Live across the street.

buuuut, you're right - the SC win and all. Maybe the jersey is growing on me a bit - I like it a bit more than I used to, but then I see the wide piping... and the silly logo with the tiny crown :laugh:

Ron*

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I look at some of the standard fonts around the league like SJS and DAL and I wonder why our jerseys can't look like that.

Dump the stupid clown uniforms and let's go with the standard look. We would look absolutely awesome in it, and superstition be damned...the talent level on this team is off the charts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad