Kings Article: LA Kings F Prospect Rasmus Kupari Needs to be More “Direct” In His Play

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
LA Kings center prospect Rasmus Kupari spoke briefly with the local media today following this morning’s scrimmage to conclude the Kings 2021 Development Camp...

LA Kings F Prospect Rasmus Kupari Needs to be More “Direct” In His Play

Thank you of course for the solid article. It's just that it really doesn't say anything that we don't know. Not a dig at all. Your work is so appreciated that you could write a list of where the Kings staff get their favorite burritos at and I and most likely everyone else would appreciate the take and thank you for it. I am just saying that it is solid but not one of your best. I hated writing this post by the way but I think that a little criticism from time to time can be helpful. Hope you think so too. Not that I mean to be too critical, just speaking my little mind.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thank you of course for the solid article. It's just that it really doesn't say anything that we don't know. Not a dig at all. Your work is so appreciated that you could write a list of where the Kings staff get their favorite burritos at and I and most likely everyone else would appreciate the take and thank you for it. I am just saying that it is solid but not one of your best. I hated writing this post by the way but I think that a little criticism from time to time can be helpful. Hope you think so too. Not that I mean to be too critical, just speaking my little mind.

I know I'm not Gann, and he can handle himself. If I'm speaking out of place, then I'm sure I'll hear it...

But this was an article summarizing Kupari's meeting with the media. What is he supposed to write?

And how was "this is not your best work" constructive?

Anyway, thank you, Gann.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
I know I'm not Gann, and he can handle himself. If I'm speaking out of place, then I'm sure I'll hear it...

But this was an article summarizing Kupari's meeting with the media. What is he supposed to write?

Anyway, thank you, Gann.

Quite frankly, he's right. In fact, I'd say that nothing I've written since the beginning of the 2020-21 season has been my best work. In fact, I've been quite discouraged from writing since the COVID-19 pandemic began.

The reason? It's because a lot of teams, including the Kings, have taken the opportunity (not necessarily intentionally) during the pandemic to control the message by choosing who the media gets to talk to after games and after practices. Yes, we can request players and others, but unlike when we're at practice or at games, it's a pain, and you end up feeling like you're intruding on their time when they're trying to avoid getting the virus and also trying to keep their families and others in the organization safe.

So some of us feel like our hands are tied, or that we're between the proverbial rock and a hard place. When you have little to no control over who you choose to interview, and have to settle for whomever they decide to make available, it's almost impossible to come up with your own story ideas or just ones that are of quality. You're forced to write the story or stories they choose (not directly, but through their choice of who is made available), and that is really very, very discouraging and disheartening.

In this particular case, Kupari isn't all that confident in his English language proficiency. He understands everything, but his ability to speak English isn't all that natural for him yet, and it shows when we (the local media) interview him. Mattias Norstrom he is not! His answers tend to be fairly brief, and he doesn't say all that much, in terms of specifics. Doesn't make for a great story. If I had a choice, he would not be one of the prospects I would have requested, at least not for development camp. But since the pandemic began, as I mentioned earlier, I've been writing based on whomever the Kings make available to us. Obviously, our coverage of the Kings has suffered during the pandemic. But I'm not really complaining. That' just the way things are because of this damned virus.

Last edited:

ricardfromage

Mar 5, 2020
paradise

Anyway, thank you, Gann.

If you read what I wrote you will see how I was being constructive. You will also see my praise for his work in most every other article he puts up. This one was just a sort of a fluff piece. Not that it was bad but it wasn't as good as the rest of his work the body of which is exceptional. So there you go then.

ricardfromage

Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Quite frankly, he's right. In fact, I'd say that nothing I've written since the beginning of the 2020-21 season has been my best work. In fact, I've been quite discouraged from writing since the COVID-19 pandemic began.

The reason? It's because a lot of teams, including the Kings, have taken the opportunity (not necessarily intentionally) during the pandemic to control the message by choosing who the media gets to talk to after games and after practices. Yes, we can request players and others, but unlike when we're at practice or at games, it's a pain, and you end up feeling like you're intruding on their time when they're trying to avoid getting the virus and also trying to keep their families and others in the organization safe.

So some of us feel like our hands are tied, or that we're between the proverbial rock and a hard place. When you have little to no control over who you choose to interview, and have to settle for whomever they decide to make available, it's almost impossible to come up with your own story ideas or just ones that are of quality. You're forced to write the story or stories they choose (not directly, but through their choice of who is made available), and that is really very, very discouraging and disheartening.

In this particular case, Kupari isn't all that confident in his English language proficiency. He understands everything, but his ability to speak English isn't all that natural for him yet, and it shows when we (the local media) interview him. Mattias Norstrom he is not! His answers tend to be fairly brief, and he doesn't say all that much, in terms of specifics. Doesn't make for a great story. If I had a choice, he would not be one of the prospects I would have requested, at least not for development camp. But since the pandemic began, as I mentioned earlier, I've been writing based on whomever the Kings make available to us. Obviously, our coverage of the Kings has suffered during the pandemic. But I'm not really complaining. That' just the way things are because of this damned virus.

I sort of disagree with you here. The majority of your work hasn't seemed to suffer at all during the plandemic and in fact I have found a few of your articles to be among your best during this time. This one just wasn't up there with your typical work as I said in my response. I understand your frustrations as you have noted in your previous response but to your credit they haven't made their way into your articles or at least not noticeably so in so far as I have seen. Just a simple comment on this one article. Nothing serious or at least it shouldn't be seen as such.

Reactions: steepdrop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad