OT: LA Angels of Anaheim Baseball Discussion (continued again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I feel like if he was able to work in another off speed pitch like a change up, or even a 2-seam/cutter that it would really enhance his overall ability. Nonetheless, he was impressive today and recovered really well after those 3-4 hitters.

Last edited:

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think aslong as Ohtani stays healthy and dominating like he is they'll get creative with days off to get extra starts for him on the mound. Especially later in the season when we most likely need the wins

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This is the first time where I actually feel like we are a good team and should make the playoffs rather comfortably. Even in 2014 I was shocked we won as many games as we did.

I don't expect them to win more than Houston, but it'll be a big disappointment if they don't get a wild card spot this year

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Filthy splitter.

3 straight HR and then double digit Ks in next start. Only 2 other guys in MLB history have done that, one of them was just some scrub named Babe Ruth ...

Oct 18, 2011
This is the first time where I actually feel like we are a good team and should make the playoffs rather comfortably. Even in 2014 I was shocked we won as many games as we did.

I don't expect them to win more than Houston, but it'll be a big disappointment if they don't get a wild card spot this year
Not sure I feel like the starting pitching is problematic.

Richards is a bonafied ace if healthy, Ohtani has ace stuff, but his innings will be limited, Heaney needs to also get healthy..

But they should score alot or runs but it is embarrassing to watch the manager keep batting Pujols fourth... he's so afraid to bruise a declining players ego

Reactions: Deuce22

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Richards is a bonafied ace if healthy, Ohtani has ace stuff, but his innings will be limited, Heaney needs to also get healthy..

But they should score alot or runs but it is embarrassing to watch the manager keep batting Pujols fourth... he's so afraid to bruise a declining players ego
I'm higher on Skaggs this year than most, but I understand the fear you have

Agree about Pujols. It's gotten out of hand. He doesn't look any better at the plate this year. Hopefully when he gets to 3,000 hits, they'll do something about him, but I doubt it

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Angels were gifted this stud, Scoiscia will find a way to screw it up.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kinsler coming back will help things because you can drop Cozart to the middle of the lineup and hopefully move Pujols down

Kinsler
Trout
Upton
Cozart
Ohtani
Simmons
Calhoun
Pujols
Maldonado

That would be the batting order if we were serious about winning this year and not just making Pujols happy. Scioscia is worse than Carlyle when it comes to veterans, I'm serious

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I get the Pujols hate, but he still had 100+ RBIs last year and is the most consistent RBI producer outside of Trout on the team. He will not hit 8th for the likes of Cozart, Simmons, etc. and most MLB teams are hitting their most prolific hitter 2nd so Trout will likely stay there.

Richards has always had ace stuff, but the problem is, outside of staying healthy, he can’t consistently locate his pitches and subsequently can’t go deep in to games. His pure stuff is arguably top 10 in the league, but if he can’t locate he’s no more than a #3.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't see Pujols hitting 8th either. Like Sean mentioned, Pujols had 101 RBI's last year. This year, he's actually hitting better than last year and is playing first base. That allows Ohtani to DH. But Trout is being protected by Upton. Then Pujols. Since we have Upton all season and he's batting behind Trout, Upton should be getting more RBI's. As of today, Upton leads the team with RBI's.

As for the Sosh comment, he's altered his ways. Ever since DiPoto left in the middle of the season and put the Angel's front office on blast, Sosh has been more accommodating. Sosh has agreed to the six-man rotation and starting using Eppler's idea of platooning all of the bullpen. It's worked. I'm still skeptical about Sosh, but I'll admit he has made some changes.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Tonight is a prime example of why Richards can't be an ace. Handed an early lead, which then gets pushed to 3 and he walks 5 batters then can't even go 5 innings to qualify for the win. Such a frustrating player because his stuff is downright nasty.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->