L.A. Noire

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
a lot like Assassian's Creed 1 in that sense. I can see them making another and improving it. Was fun and different, but repetitive doesn't even start to describe it.

Yeah it reminds me a lot of AC1 too. AC1 was fun but you could tell it needed more fine tuning. AC2 took the series to another level. That's what LA Noire needs, just more fine tuning to stop the repetition.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
L.A. Noire Announced for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, VR Edition Revealed

Rockstar Games has announced that L.A. Noire will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, as well as via a VR experience that pulls from the original game.

This updated version of the 2011 game will be released on November 14 across all announced systems. The Switch version features the full original game, all of its DLC, and Switch-specific adjustments like optional Joy-Con gyroscopic and motion controls, as well as HD rumble, and wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles. For those playing in handheld mode, new contextual touch screen controls have also been added for this edition.

Rockstar Games has announced that L.A. Noire will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, as well as via a VR experience that pulls from the original game.

This updated version of the 2011 game will be released on November 14 across all announced systems. The Switch version features the full original game, all of its DLC, and Switch-specific adjustments like optional Joy-Con gyroscopic and motion controls, as well as HD rumble, and wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles. For those playing in handheld mode, new contextual touch screen controls have also been added for this edition.

This release will make L.A. Noire the first Rockstar Games title to appear on Switch.

L.A. Noire on the PS4 and Xbox One, meanwhile, will also feature the full base game and all of its DLC, as well as "a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more."

The game will run natively in 1080p on PS4 and Xbox One, with 4K visuals for players on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Rockstar will also release L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for the HTC Vive headset. This collection pares down the original game to focus solely on seven of the cases from L.A. Noire, "rebuilt specifically for virtual reality."

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Might just pick this up. Didn't get to finish the game because my PS3 was getting old at the time and would constantly freeze

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Never played it but always heard great things. This may be a chance to get it again

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think I got to the third disc and just got burned out. I wish they would have made it backwards compatible because I don't really want to buy it again.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
One of my favorite games ever so immersive to get lost in 1940s LA. Will be buying no regrets.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think I got to the third disc and just got burned out. I wish they would have made it backwards compatible because I don't really want to buy it again.

Game got bad/boring near the end and the ending was bad or mediocore (maybe I remember it wrong and it's good, somebody call me out if I'm wrong here) Games amazing till you get halfway then you kind of have just seen it all and just want it over. Unless your really into cop and detective shows and things like that.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I was actually debating picking this up for $15 on Steam a while back before seeing this.

I see no word of remastered graphics, etc. coming to PC. I assume this isn't happening?

If it was coming I might hold off....otherwise I might pick it up on console.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The setting for the game should have made it a slam dunk, but I hated it the first time around.

I still love the setting/theme of it so much I kinda want to give it a second chance, though...we shall see. This felt like it could have been an amazing series if it got a second and/or third game, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with the studio turmoil.

If nothing else it'd be a bit more interesting to me now than before, if only because I live in LA now :P

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
The setting for the game should have made it a slam dunk, but I hated it the first time around.

I still love the setting/theme of it so much I kinda want to give it a second chance, though...we shall see. This felt like it could have been an amazing series if it got a second and/or third game, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with the studio turmoil.

If nothing else it'd be a bit more interesting to me now than before, if only because I live in LA now :P

I gave up on this right around the time the story narrative basically said none of your detective work or deducing skills mattered and nothing you did apprehended the real culprit, be who cares? You're on vice detail now!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
good game.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Sherlock Holmes: Devils Daughter are better detective games though

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
good game.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Sherlock Holmes: Devils Daughter are better detective games though

f7e0a2caa094f2b5e84924a097fe3544

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Game got bad/boring near the end and the ending was bad or mediocore (maybe I remember it wrong and it's good, somebody call me out if I'm wrong here) Games amazing till you get halfway then you kind of have just seen it all and just want it over. Unless your really into cop and detective shows and things like that.

The ending to this game was absolute ****.
I was underwhelmed by it too, but I remember reading afterwards that the ending was typical for noir style. So I guess we should compare the ending to the genre, than look at it as a Hollywood blockbuster movie.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Film noir is one of my favorite genres, hence me loving the setting so much, but the story was unconvincing and amateurish in my opinion. Too much money spent on technology to convey a story convincingly, and not enough money to craft a convincing and endearing story. It also created a bit of an imbalance between the way players played the game, and the uncontrollable actions of the main character in a way that I don't think they quite earned.

That's a big reason why I'm bummed out by the lack of a sequel and am not really sure what to do with this...there were a lot of easy lessons to be learned from the shortcomings of LA Noire that could have made a sequel as good as we were hoping that this game would have been.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I was underwhelmed by it too, but I remember reading afterwards that the ending was typical for noir style. So I guess we should compare the ending to the genre, than look at it as a Hollywood blockbuster movie.

I think I remember that but people pointed out it was still pretty bad. I'll play it again though maybe

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Rather than try and remember what I thought of a game I played three years ago (or become motivated to play it again to write several thousand words about it which I would be doing it if weren't half one in the morning and I'm too tired to care, even though I know now I will at some point), I think my overall sense of the story and the way it's presented through the mechanics has its obvious flaws, but that they're something that can be overlooked in this case and hopefully improved upon in the future. A VR version sounds really creepy though.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Rather than try and remember what I thought of a game I played three years ago (or become motivated to play it again to write several thousand words about it which I would be doing it if weren't half one in the morning and I'm too tired to care, even though I know now I will at some point), I think my overall sense of the story and the way it's presented through the mechanics has its obvious flaws, but that they're something that can be overlooked in this case and hopefully improved upon in the future. A VR version sounds really creepy though.

Creepy awesome maybe. Like to see some footage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->