L.A. Noire

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Just finished it. Good game....I'm a sucker for Rockstar Games games though. Still not great at interrogating people. I'm too trusting...why would they lie to me? Lying is wrong. Freezing issue was bad. Disk 2 was the worst for that.Thought of installing it on the hard drive, but I was already pretty far in the game, so I dealt with it.

Jumbo*

Question: Is the Newspaper storyline in real time with the game? At first I thought it was all stuff in the past but now I think its real time..

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Question: Is the Newspaper storyline in real time with the game? At first I thought it was all stuff in the past but now I think its real time..

some of the stuff is in the past, it just like fills in the stuff you dont about. i think the last several pieces are more recent but still happened a bit in the past

pine*

LA Noire is worth $35 if you trade it in at EBGames during the month of July.

Pretty sure this is the highest it will ever be so now is the time.

EDIT: gone

Last edited by a moderator:

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Yes, the newspapers are parallel to the main plot line, and it all ties together once you get to the Arson desk. There are flashbacks between cases, though.

The flashbacks with the newspapers tie everything up really well, especially the last few flashbacks. The initial flashbacks make you think that the others may not like Cole and such cause he's an ass hole, but the last few flashbacks explain it's a bit deeper than that. That and the scene at the end of the credits makes that final connection.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It's probably been a month since I last played. I came to the conclusion that despite being an open world/free roam game, there is too little incentive (for me at least) to actually roam around outside of the story. One thing that I just thought of that is really missing is customizable outfits. Suits and fashion were such a big part in that era, and I just feel like there aren't enough options.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
yea not surprised by limited replay value, i said it before it came out taht this game didnt seem like it would have high replay value and it definitely doesnt. rented and beat, and done with.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I beat it a little over a month ago.

Great game but I was disappointed in the storyline. The final mission and end scenes where kinda gay aside from getting to go ape **** with the shotty.

The whole plot twist with Phelps was very unexpected which can be good but I think it just took a bad turn(storyline wise) from there. I liked how the newspapers tied in, but war flashbacks seem pointles. [spoil]Also weren't Roy and a few others dirty? Yet nothing happened to them and they were there in the funeral scene.[/spoil]

Just my opinion though.

I traded it in right after I beat it. I didn't get a %100 because after doing about 5 street missions I stopped caring about them and only got like 75% of the cars. Traded it in for like 35$

Last edited:

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
I beat it a little over a month ago.

Great game but I was disappointed in the storyline. The final mission and end scenes where kinda gay aside from getting to go ape **** with the shotty.

The whole plot twist with Phelps was very unexpected which can be good but I think it just took a bad turn(storyline wise) from there. I liked how the newspapers tied in, but war flashbacks seem pointles. [spoil]Also weren't Roy and a few others dirty? Yet nothing happened to them and they were there in the funeral scene.[/spoil]

Just my opinion though.

I traded it in right after I beat it. I didn't get a %100 because after doing about 5 street missions I stopped caring about them and only got like 75% of the cars. Traded it in for like 35$

Good game, right idea and a good direction, but like Assassin's Creed, just left a lot to be desired and got repetitive after about 10 minutes. If they make a 2nd one, I hope they build on what they have because it really is a good, unique game. Just needs...more.

DewsSox79

Feb 25, 2009
the game was good. just disappointed that rockstar couldnt make a multiplayer mode like they did with GTA and RDR

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Just started playing this (for 360) and I have a question. I'm on disc 2 right now and I'm only done a couple of the street crimes that dispatch puts out. Once I'm done the main story can I go back and do them all?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Weird, I just started playing this game again recently too. I just moved on to disc 2 as well. Starting the Silk Stocking case tonight.

Glad to hear that I can go back and do some other things after the game is 'over'

Really good game I think. It's like a CSI game, but much better executed. Hope they make a sequel; even if it's different characters/different settings.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Was actually about to fire it up again right away too, bought the one with all the DLC for the 360 this time.

Figure it's been long enough that I won't remember exactly how everything plays out in each case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad