Line Combos: L.A. Kings 2017-18 Line Combinations

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I sure hope that Stevens is planning to give the third line lots of protected minutes and offensive zone face offs. That line might get eaten alive with three rookies. Ah well, it'll be exciting at least.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I sure hope that Stevens is planning to give the third line lots of protected minutes and offensive zone face offs. That line might get eaten alive with three rookies. Ah well, it'll be exciting at least.

High-event for sure :laugh:

I imagine the 3rd line is crafted for offense, the 4th for possession/defense, and wouldn't be surprised to see the 4th line get more minutes.

Reactions: KingTrouty

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
These have been the lines in practice the last two days. I imagine this is the mix master you will see to start.

Gray: Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Blue: Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
White: Cammalleri-Kempe-Brodzinski
Yellow: Clifford-Shore-Lewis
Purple: Andreoff-[Laich]-Dowd

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Jon Rosen‏Verified account @lakingsinsider 9m9 minutes ago
More
Believe Alec Martinez is dealing with a lower-body issue and Paul LaDue is on his way up to the #LAKings.

Officially on IR

http://lakingsinsider.com/2017/10/04/martinez-ir-ladue-getting-recalled/

But hey, at least it appears we have some depth now. If you want to see some scary stuff for Halloween, click on the roster section on the Insider website. Some of those faces are horrifying..

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
So which one is our roster thread ? I hate this new format has me confused as **** . I don't know what's what. So after Stevens quotes today only lines 2 and 4 are set in stone and everything else is up in the air . Can't wait to see how it shapes up. I don't get all the talk about Cammy being back with Brown and Kopi and knowing each other chemistry when they don't even stick to it lol. Blakey getting nervous ?

Hmmmmm looking at this line up is it too soon to talk draft lottery. (Where's my sarcastic EMOJI)! New format sucks nards.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Glad we have PLD available to swap in for AMart. No issue with a vet taking extra time to rest. Bet that wouldn’t have occurred under Sutter

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Glad we have PLD available to swap in for AMart. No issue with a vet taking extra time to rest. Bet that wouldn’t have occurred under Sutter

What are you talking about? He's hurt. This isn't about getting rest.

Having LaDue is better than having McBain but it's not better than having Martinez out there. Let's hope it isn't serious.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
What are the rules about IR? Does he have to stay on IR for a minimum period of time? I was just thinking that possibly since LaDue is waiver exempt there was no reason not to put Alec on IR even if its a lingering and not terribly serious injury.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
What are the rules about IR? Does he have to stay on IR for a minimum period of time? I was just thinking that possibly since LaDue is waiver exempt there was no reason not to put Alec on IR even if its a lingering and not terribly serious injury.

I'm not sure it's any different at the beginning of the season, but normally it's 7 days minimum. In this case it doesn't matter much because they could put him on retroactively as they haven't played a game in a while.

I don't know the date they chose, but since it wasn't mentioned I think it's something that's expected to take over a week to sort out.

EDIT: Rosen tweeted that IR is retroactive to 10/3, so he would be eligible to come off Tuesday. Now that that's out there it's probably something minor.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbar

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Could be worse... we could be the Blues to start the season.

Out:
Fabbri, Steen, Berglund, Sanford and Bouwmeester.

Oh wait they won last night! :huh:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
These have been the lines in practice the last two days. I imagine this is the mix master you will see to start.

I know there are some who feel there really hasn't been much change, but honestly when you compare players who were on the opening night roster last year to this year I think this years is miles ahead.

Out: Nolan, King, Setoguchi, Purcell, Gilbert, Zatkoff, Greene, McNabb
In: Kuemper, Cammalleri, Kempe, Iafallo, Brodzinski, Fantenberg, Folin, MacDermid, LaDue (not really, but filling in for Martinez for now)

It may not be the sexiest changes in the world, but there's youth, speed and skill that has been infused in this team. Add in Stevens as head coach and you may have something now.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

I like it, but I think Shore and Kempe should trade spots.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like it, but I think Shore and Kempe should trade spots.

I agree in general. But it looks like the third line will be getting bigtime offensive deployment while the fourth defensive deployment/tougher matchups.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
What are you talking about? He's hurt. This isn't about getting rest.

Having LaDue is better than having McBain but it's not better than having Martinez out there. Let's hope it isn't serious.

The narrative around here is that Sutter is the biggest moron to ever coach in the NHL.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The narrative around here is that Sutter is the biggest moron to ever coach in the NHL.

Which is insane, because he was the best coach the Kings have ever had. His methods eventually stopped working, but he crafted a nightmare of a team for opposing teams to play against and we were damn near unstoppable for three years.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Which is insane, because he was the best coach the Kings have ever had. His methods eventually stopped working, but he crafted a nightmare of a team for opposing teams to play against and we were damn near unstoppable for three years.

absolutely agree.

It's just sports logic though, you're good until you're terrible/overrated, whether player, coach, or GM.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
The Kings third line looked horrible last night. They don't have anyone on that line that can drive down from the d-zone to o-zone. That line was frequently pinned down and looked lost. Brodzinsky and Kempe looked invisible, and Cammy can better be utilized on the top line with Kopitar.

When Gaborik is back, I would like to see a Cammy-Kopi-Gaborik line, and move Brown and Iafallo to the third line to spark some life and give us depth. Kempe and Dowd can rotate in as the third line centers until someone sticks eventually. The 4th line was fantastic last night, and I hope they keep up that pace.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
The Kings third line looked horrible last night. They don't have anyone on that line that can drive down from the d-zone to o-zone. That line was frequently pinned down and looked lost. Brodzinsky and Kempe looked invisible, and Cammy can better be utilized on the top line with Kopitar.

When Gaborik is back, I would like to see a Cammy-Kopi-Gaborik line, and move Brown and Iafallo to the third line to spark some life and give us depth. Kempe and Dowd can rotate in as the third line centers until someone sticks eventually. The 4th line was fantastic last night, and I hope they keep up that pace.
The Kings had a third line last night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad