Kyle Wharton info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
He's a steady, reliable d-man that had a very tough year because of injuries but was fantastic in the playoffs when he was healthy and that is why he jumped up on a lot of people's lists. He has been compared to a poor man's Wade Redden.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
To me, KW is one of the safest picks amongst D-men.
Poor man's Wade Redden is not a bad comparison -
he's big(though lanky at this point), mobile, and has
a few nice skills when making the switch to offense.

The kind of D-man that makes you wonder how good he'll be once
he matures, grows into an NHL'ers frame.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Wharton could be a guy that gets overlooked due to injuries. A poor man's Wade Redden is a decent comparison, but I feel Wharton will be more of a factor physically, but is far less skilled with the puck than Redden is.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Wharton will be much of a physical presence. He doesn't play a physical game. Instead he focuses on poke-checking or rubbing the opposition out along the boards.

He's a good skater with strong mobility, well above average hockey sense and reliable defensively. He had a very strong playoffs and was Ottawa's best player down the stretch.

Despite his lanky frame he handled a large, grinding Brampton offense well in the corners and came out on top after most battles.

I would look for him to be drafted in the early to mid second round. It's not inconceivable that he sneaks into the first, but I would be mildly surprised.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Mike8 said:
I don't think Wharton will be much of a physical presence. He doesn't play a physical game. Instead he focuses on poke-checking or rubbing the opposition out along the boards.

I think he will be once he physically matures. He just turned 18 in March, he's still growing.

Remember, this year he was battling injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad