Kyle Reed

Ledevin

May 14, 2007
Montreal
There's this guy in the SJHL that could be interesting for some teams. His name is Kyle Reed and he was MVP of the league if I'm not mistaken and the best player of Notre Dame. Any chance he gets drafted this year?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0023752007.html

A few years ago, there was two young players who were considered some bright prospects for the future in Québec. I remembered Eric Filiou totally dominating everyone in the peewees. Jordan Dewey was pretty good too. I heard they are now playing for Notre Dame. Filiou only played 4 games this year. What happened to them? Have they peaked in terms of potential? Do they have any chance to play in the NHL?

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
I coached Kyle Reed last summer in a tournament and the kid is awesome. Great kid and very good player. He has very good leadership qualities that stood out even in a 4 game summer tournament. I am so glad to see him going to Ohio State next year and that he had an awesome year with Notre Dame.

In terms of getting drafted, McKeen's had him ranked in the 280's which means probably not, but you never know. The final round can sometimes bring in players from all over. If he does not get drafted, he could be one of the tons of college players signed after 3 or 4 years of college.

I saw Eric Filiou this summer at the Pre-Draft tournament. He DOB leaves him for the08 draft and he had a good tournament.

AVS1819

Apr 4, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
There's a name from the past - Kyle Reed. In my 9 years involved with Calgary Minor hockey, he's one of the purest talents I ever watched. Great skater, great hockey sense and pure offensive skill. But - he was also lazy, selfish, didn't use his teammates and took stupid penalties. He had the skill to be a high WHL pick, but ended up going about 4th or 5th round to Tri-City and I don't think he ever played a game in the league.

I also read he was having a great season in the SJHL and had earned a college contract. I think I also read that he was MVP of the World Jr A Championship.

Still, I think it would be a big stretch for a team to draft him, but if he can continue his strong play in college, a free agent contract certainly isn't out of the question.

Ledevin

May 14, 2007
Montreal
There's a name from the past - Kyle Reed. In my 9 years involved with Calgary Minor hockey, he's one of the purest talents I ever watched. Great skater, great hockey sense and pure offensive skill. But - he was also lazy, selfish, didn't use his teammates and took stupid penalties. He had the skill to be a high WHL pick, but ended up going about 4th or 5th round to Tri-City and I don't think he ever played a game in the league.

I also read he was having a great season in the SJHL and had earned a college contract. I think I also read that he was MVP of the World Jr A Championship.

Still, I think it would be a big stretch for a team to draft him, but if he can continue his strong play in college, a free agent contract certainly isn't out of the question.

Notre Dame is great for developping talent, I think that might have helped him. A 4 years at Ohio State will give him enough time to acquire some maturity. I'm sure in a few years, teams like Anaheim or New Jersey might make a pitch for him. We'll see, thanks for the insight.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I have him as a sleeper pick in this draft, although I doubt he'll be picked. The '87 birthday will scare teams off as they go for younger players. Many teams will be sorry later since only one team can sign him as an FA in a few years. May as well draft him now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->