Kyle Okposo

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Anyone wanna take a guess on when he'll come to the NHL? Also what player will he be most like if anyone knows? I know we've prob all heard the Iginla but does his play reflect Iginlas?

No!

Iginla was more subtle, even at 14. He would never, for instance have a huge back swing on his slap shot, basically telegraphing that his shot is coming. He is much more of a quick snap shot artist. Iginla also had an amazing dangle at 14.

Okpokso actually reminds me of Ryan Reeves of the Brandon Wheat Kings. They both have very similar body types and skating strides. Okpokso is probably a little quicker than Reeves while Reeves is probably a little more physical. Unlike Okpokso I don't that Reeves will ever catch on in the NHL.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
No!

Iginla was more subtle, even at 14. He would never, for instance have a huge back swing on his slap shot, basically telegraphing that his shot is coming. He is much more of a quick snap shot artist. Iginla also had an amazing dangle at 14.

Okpokso actually reminds me of Ryan Reeves of the Brandon Wheat Kings. They both have very similar body types and skating strides. Okpokso is probably a little quicker than Reeves while Reeves is probably a little more physical. Unlike Okpokso I don't that Reeves will ever catch on in the NHL.

Ryan Reeves?!?! Are you kidding? Because what, they are big and strong?

Okposo has more skill in his hair than Reeves will ever have, and makes 10 times the impact every time he comes over the boards. Bad to even mention the two in the same sentance.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Anyone wanna take a guess on when he'll come to the NHL? Also what player will he be most like if anyone knows? I know we've prob all heard the Iginla but does his play reflect Iginlas?

As an ISlanders fan i hope they don't rush him. My guess/hope is he plays 1 more season of college hockey before he signs with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad