Speculation: Kyle Okposo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Oh man, Sabres gonna give this guy 7X7. Don't worry, I think the Canucks are going to do the same with Eriksson. At least Okposo is younger.

Trobes

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo
Looking like Okposo to the Sabres probably for his 7x7 asking price. Which means that Evander Kane is most likely on the move here.

Maybe, but we would have the money to keep both. Plus not sure there is really a market for Kane if the allegations are true and if not I am still ok with him on the team.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Looking like Okposo to the Sabres probably for his 7x7 asking price. Which means that Evander Kane is most likely on the move here.

Not necessarily. We're nowhere near the cap ceiling. We've easily got room for both. Kane's contract comes off the books when Eichel and Reinhart's ELCs expire, too, so room to give them raises.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Sometimes you love having an owner with deep pockets,

and sometimes you have times where KO is the top UFA on the market.

This blows

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

Sabres appear to be following Chicago's lead and going very top heavy.

O'Reilly at $7.5 million.

Okposo in the $6 million range.

Then they have to sign Eichel, Ristolinen, and Reinhart in a couple of years for what, another $20 million combined? Will Kane still be on the roster?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
They keep saying on WGR its 7 years at 6 mill ... Not sure where they're getting it from tho

t800rad

Jan 6, 2016
Everyone's getting all stressed out here, but Okposo is a 60 point scorer and an extremely talented winger. The term might be high (I'd prefer 7x6 or 7x5), but you overpay in free agency. If we get Vesey locked up, I feel much happier about this team than I was even a year ago.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sabres appear to be following Chicago's lead and going very top heavy.

O'Reilly at $7.5 million.

Okposo in the $6 million range.

Then they have to sign Eichel, Ristolinen, and Reinhart in a couple of years for what, another $20 million combined? Will Kane still be on the roster?

Kane has 2 yrs max left in Buffalo.

Ennis will be gone.

Maybe Moulson.

Gionta,McCormick and Franson are all in their last year.

We're fine.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Dont' forget that its probably going to be front loaded with Pegula bucks so it could be easier to trade if need be years 5-7 (cap floor team, low real dollars/high cap)

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I dont think It will be that bad, I think this guarantees us getting rid of Kane and his $6 million contract

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
There was talk that Buffalo was willing to give Stamkos 12. Okposo at 6 (hopefully) won't kill us.

I don't think this signals the end of imminent demise of Evander Kane, but we would have more options.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
There was talk that Buffalo was willing to give Stamkos 12. Okposo at 6 (hopefully) won't kill us.

I don't think this signals the end of imminent demise of Evander Kane, but we would have more options.

I'd love to have them both don't get me wrong but I dont think it is TMs long term plan. Kane is awesome on the ice but his extra circular bs are getting to be a hindrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad