Value of: Kyle Okposo with 50% retention

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
They won't move KO. He had a better 2nd half and is a candidate for a bounce back year.
No he isn't. His skating and hands have deteriorated to sub-NHL quality. In his "better second half" he had a stretch of somethign like 30 games with 3-4 points at even strength, despite half of that time being with Jack or ROR.

And you and I could rack up points passing the puck to those two on the PP.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Buffalo isn't going to retain that much salary long term

Ah shoot for some reason I thought he had a year left on his deal lol

Uh...You're aware Tavares is months away from becoming a UFA, right?

As for OP's idea...I can't imagine the Sabres are going to retain that kind of salary long-term. (1) It imposes a needless restriction on the team going forward; and (2) it's not like we're flush with competent wingers. Even with the injuries over the last few seasons, KO has still been a ~45 point guy for us.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Okposo didn't have a better 2nd half at all. He was complete trash all season and terrible for a good portion of the end of last season as well.

I'd love to see him make a recovery but athletes in their 30s generally don't completely recover from serious head injuries. Listen to his end of season comments. He said his skating and his timing was off all season because of the injury and lack of conditioning and he was going to use this Summer to figure it out. I'm sure he can figure some of the skating out (he's always been poorly conditioned) but he's never going to fully get his timing back. For a guy who is past his prime in athlete years, who other than one season has always been a passenger player that doesn't drive play, and plays a style of game that is opposite of what the league is going... that doesn't bode well. I hope I'm wrong about him but at this point Botterill is either checking off days until he gets a CBO from the next lockout or is becoming friends with every Seattle GM candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad