Signing(s): Kyle Lowry Re-signs with Raptors

lmnop

Jul 1, 2017
They will probably finish with more wins than they did last season based on the fact that the Eastern Conference is such a tire fire. I don't see how this gets them deeper in the playoffs. It's the same core. Maybe a whole year of Ibaka meshing into the system will help but resigning the same guys and losing depth (Patterson/Tucker) is just treading water, IMO.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
They will probably finish with more wins than they did last season based on the fact that the Eastern Conference is such a tire fire. I don't see how this gets them deeper in the playoffs. It's the same core. Maybe a whole year of Ibaka meshing into the system will help but resigning the same guys and losing depth (Patterson/Tucker) is just treading water, IMO.
As long as they finish second they should make it to the East Finals. Seriously they need to add a Millsap AND Hayward to make it interesting, but they won't so their fate is pretty much set.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I mentioned it before that it would be huge for them to get Lowry back at 3 years. Good on the Raptors. Still wonder what JV would fetch in a trade.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
As long as they finish second they should make it to the East Finals. Seriously they need to add a Millsap AND Hayward to make it interesting, but they won't so their fate is pretty much set.
Purely speculation but I think their inability to move Carroll without including a good piece has been the hold up... If they could have dumped Carroll they could have put a package together for the Pacers and still retained KLow and Serge.

This team isn't going to win, but they're fun to watch when they play the right way... I'll enjoy while we further delay the inevitable rebuild.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Purely speculation but I think their inability to move Carroll without including a good piece has been the hold up... If they could have dumped Carroll they could have put a package together for the Pacers and still retained KLow and Serge.

This team isn't going to win, but they're fun to watch when they play the right way... I'll enjoy while we further delay the inevitable rebuild.
Word is the are trying to move Val, Carrol, and joseph.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm really not impressed with the direction of this franchise

It's clear this group of players isn't good enough to win a championship, so why continue with it?

They should've been all in last season on Cousins. Something around Val/Ross/picks should've gotten it done

A core of Lowry/DeRozan/Cousins would've looked pretty tempting to a FA like Hayward or Millsap

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

It's clear this group of players isn't good enough to win a championship, so why continue with it?

They should've been all in last season on Cousins. Something around Val/Ross/picks should've gotten it done

A core of Lowry/DeRozan/Cousins would've looked pretty tempting to a FA like Hayward or Millsap
Meh. Probably wouldn't have done it. We were pretty high on Buddy Hield, on his rookie contract. Don't imagine we had much interest in Valanciunas.

The Raps are continuing with this team because it's the best team they've ever had. Will they win it all? Probably not. But Masai probably doesn't want to tank it all away in the hopes of one day having a team that will be as good as this one.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Because its either that or sell everything and tank, which would really upset the fan base especially the year after they made the ECF and DeRozan re-signed on a max contract. Top free agents don't want to play here, they hate the weather and the taxes. It's facts. At least with the current core they'll win 50ish games and make the playoffs, bringing in revenue and keeping the fans interested. People forget how bad things were after Bosh left.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012

Sure they could tank for years maybe get lucky and pick a superstar, then build around that superstar till they have a decent team. Then after all that work, the superstar will just walk away to chase titles or go to a bigger market.

At least Lowry and DeRozan seem to have a desire to play here.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great deal for the Raptors and nothing to complain about for Lowry either. I'm sure he wanted more term but the PG market didn't develop like people originally thought it would so I don't think he had much leverage here.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Great deal for the Raptors and nothing to complain about for Lowry either. I'm sure he wanted more term but the PG market didn't develop like people originally thought it would so I don't think he had much leverage here.

Yea after Utah traded for Rubio, Sixers traded up for Fultz, SPurs re-signed Mills, Rockets traded for CP3 and Minny signed Teague he didn't have many options.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Happy Lowry re-signed but you gotta think with how little the raps did to improve the team that he is not worried about winning.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Because its either that or sell everything and tank, which would really upset the fan base especially the year after they made the ECF and DeRozan re-signed on a max contract. Top free agents don't want to play here, they hate the weather and the taxes. It's facts. At least with the current core they'll win 50ish games and make the playoffs, bringing in revenue and keeping the fans interested. People forget how bad things were after Bosh left.

No way man, Raptors have gotten more free agents recently. Lowry is 31.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Which teams specifically? Do you have a link?

I'd be surprised if another team offered Lowry upwards of 30 Mil annually.
Maybe Houston but not for 30 mill. Then they got Paul and that was it. Parker must be going back to SA so that doesn't really leave many win now teams left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad