Kyle Chipchura

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
NHL.com shows Chipchura as the top N.A. prospect for 2004 draft.Someone else told me he's been written up as the number 2 prospect overall.He was 55th in
scoring in the whl. Why the sudden rise in his draft chances?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I've seen him in person a few times and I most certainly wouldn't have him ranked anywhere near that high.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
pei fan said:
NHL.com shows Chipchura as the top N.A. prospect for 2004 draft.Someone else told me he's been written up as the number 2 prospect overall.He was 55th in
Kyle was the number 1 pick in the bantam draft. He doesn't have the huge numbers as far as stats go, but he was hurt this year and stats are not always what tell the story. Kyle has alot of upside and is going to be a very good 2 way player.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
pei fan said:

Not sure what your talking about! Chipchura has been at the top for a very long time now! Scoring is not everything, sometimes a top tier reliable No.2 Center is better then a gamble on what should be a blue chip.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
well i've been able to see him and this guy isn't all about points, killed penalties, threw big hits, agitated quite effectively, visibly led the troops on the ice.

he does a lot of those little things as the 2nd line center, and played with a nice edge and was constantly involved in the happenings. good player, and the skill is definitely there

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Not sure what your talking about! Chipchura has been at the top for a very long time now! Scoring is not everything, sometimes a top tier reliable No.2 Center is better then a gamble on what should be a blue chip.

I don't think I'd call him a safe bet to be a #2 center. I mean, Chipchura had 15 goals this year in the WHL. To me a safe #2 center should be capable of scoring goals in the WHL in his draft year. That's just me though. :dunno:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
i think you're seeing a view similar to the one many took with Malhotra in 98 {And that is he showing in colombus while being given a chance}.

Kyle doesn't have the numbers of the other guys but he gives an honest effort and could probably develop into a shut down center who chips in some points and checks the opposition.

Having said that, offense is the shiney, sparkling gem that everyone drools over and it's likely to drop Kyle down a bit.

Still, I must admit that he left me wanting a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->