Kyle Chipchura season, Is he a Steal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
how is he playing so far, i know he put up some points lately, but does anyone has seem him play so far and describe me what you guys think about him, more and more he seem like a possible steal just with is undeniable leadership abilities.. but other than that, what do you guys see on him ON the ice <or off the ice if its personal training>.

thanks

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
still too early to tell imo...obviously if he increases his scoring and shows he can produce that is a big bonus, but many of the pre-draft reports focused on the things he does other then scoring (ie leadership, speed, etc) and alot of times those intangibles are hard to measure until you get to that next level...i don't see him as a future superstar, but i think he'll be a real solid player and leader

X-SHARKIE

A friend of mine actually thought he looked like the best Habs prospect all around at a rookie camp this past summer.... Was more impressed and surprised of him then he was Kostitsyn.

I like him and I think that people looked into his numbers to much and he's going to be a very good player.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
A friend of mine actually thought he looked like the best Habs prospect all around at a rookie camp this past summer.... Was more impressed and surprised of him then he was Kostitsyn.

I like him and I think that people looked into his numbers to much and he's going to be a very good player.

I am still not a fan of his, I think he would have been a good 2nd to 3rd round pick in any other draft IMO. I think he will be a good 30 point 3rd liner in the NHL. All around good but I don't like him as a player myself.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
moosefan said:
I am still not a fan of his, I think he would have been a good 2nd to 3rd round pick in any other draft IMO. I think he will be a good 30 point 3rd liner in the NHL. All around good but I don't like him as a player myself.

He reminds me a lot of Ethan Moreau, if Moreau played center. Good size, very good skater, big heart - next thing to a lock to being an NHLer on that basis. Some skill but picturing him as a top-6 forward is a bit of a stretch. Where I'd disagree is that if you get a player of that level in the bottom half of the first round IMO you're doing OK.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
MS said:
He reminds me a lot of Ethan Moreau, if Moreau played center. Good size, very good skater, big heart - next thing to a lock to being an NHLer on that basis. Some skill but picturing him as a top-6 forward is a bit of a stretch. Where I'd disagree is that if you get a player of that level in the bottom half of the first round IMO you're doing OK.
My thoughts as well... the NHL draft is such a crapshoot that getting a Moreau-type player outside of the top 10 is actually pretty good drafting.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:

Wow, talk about expecting too much out of draft picks. A good 30 point producer isn't a bad pick.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Chipper suffered a knee injury last night after a knee-on-knee hit from Kamloops' Kris Hogg. No update as of yet regarding his injury. I'll try to listen to the PA radio station tonight for more of an update.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
goteam said:
Chipper suffered a knee injury last night after a knee-on-knee hit from Kamloops' Kris Hogg. No update as of yet regarding his injury. I'll try to listen to the PA radio station tonight for more of an update.

whuuuuut.... damn it..

he seem a little bit injury prone.. i hope im wrong..

Reilly311

if you want to talk about a steal, talk about Evan McGrath. I know it's just junior hockey, but you can't call Chipchura a steal as he was drafted in the first round.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
goteam said:
apparently he went to the dressing room but came back and scored his second goal of the night. but who knows, on crosby's knee on knee he also came back but he's out for 2 weeks now. None the less chipchura's can't be all that serious if not nothing at all.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
goteam said:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Hogg doesn't get an 8 game suspension.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Reilly311 said:
if you want to talk about a steal, talk about Evan McGrath. I know it's just junior hockey, but you can't call Chipchura a steal as he was drafted in the first round.

your right, i would change steal for better than expected pick. lol

still he does play and seem better than what you would have expect out of that position and for the type of player he was describe as.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
eddy said:
apparently he went to the dressing room but came back and scored his second goal of the night. but who knows, on crosby's knee on knee he also came back but he's out for 2 weeks now. None the less chipchura's can't be all that serious if not nothing at all.
The hit occurred after Chipper score his second goal of the night. We'll all know how serious it is tomorrow night when the Raiders play Vancouver.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
goteam said:
The hit occurred after Chipper score his second goal of the night. We'll all know how serious it is tomorrow night when the Raiders play Vancouver.

after his goal.. i cant believe some player can do this, that is loser attitude all the way. must be a desparate player to impress.. because its simply stupid, useless and most of all extremelly dangerous.
:banghead: :mad:

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Oh sorry guys, I didn't mean right after his goal. I meant it happened later in the game. Still no update, I'll definitely listen to the game tonight for an update since I have everyone's interest so high.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Update:

Chipper was out to take the opening faceoff against Vancouver and by the sounds of it will be ok.

Sorry to alarm anyone that's a fan of Chipchura, the Habs, or the Raiders :beatup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad