Confirmed with Link: Kuzy back 2 years $3mil AAV

MiKE5889

May 7, 2012
Has it been confirmed whether the bonus is just simply a handout or if it's performance based?

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Has it been confirmed whether the bonus is just simply a handout or if it's performance based?
If I'm remembering correctly, this type of contract is not eligible for performance-based bonuses.

From a site that I believe is pulling from the latest CBA.

A Performance Bonus can be given to a player in addition to their Salary Cap Hit. Performance bonuses are only paid to the player if they meet the requirements as defined by the bonus. Performance bonuses count against the salary cap; however, a team can exceed the salary cap due to performance bonuses by the maximum performance bonus cushion amount of 7.5% of the upper limit. Not all players are eligible for Performance Bonuses, and to receive a bonus within their contract, a player must meet one of the following criteria:

The player is on an entry-level contract.
The player has signed a one-year contract and is over 35 years old.
The player has signed a one-year contract after returning from a long-term injury (has played 400 or more games, and spent 100 or more days on the Injured Reserve in the last year of their most recent contract).

MiKE5889

May 7, 2012
If I'm remembering correctly, this type of contract is not eligible for performance-based bonuses.

From a site that I believe is pulling from the latest CBA.

That was some really good information! Thank you! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad