Injury Report: Kulikov Back Surgery - update (Decided Not To Have Surgery - new timeline 3-4 weeks)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
AFAIK he hasn’t been skating yet. Probably a couple weeks once he does

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
Don't know whether this was a belief or a statement, but Paul Edmonds was on with Gord Stellick this morning on SiriusXM and said Kulikov was out for the season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Don't know whether this was a belief or a statement, but Paul Edmonds was on with Gord Stellick this morning on SiriusXM and said Kulikov was out for the season.
Ssshhh... don't let Foligno know. He'll be going after our LD next.

Reactions: Fastfrde

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I've heard conflicting reports on Kulikov. Some reports suggest he has been ready to go for a week. Others still list him as injured. What gives?
I really don't think they are going to have Kuli shake the rust off in a must win game or in the SCF. We won't see him til next year. I don't know if he will now have surgery or if he is going to try to rehab and see if he can play next year.

Poor guy, what a fluke play originally f***ed up his back. Has to be so frustrating.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I can remember being surprised that nothing came from the original injury to Kulikov's back in regards to the rules. I think they should definitely consider penalties against teams that don't secure the bench doors during play, maybe going as far as saying that the bench doors shouldn't be open during play at all. The injury would definitely not have been as severe if the door had been closed, and it's clearly derailed his career because of it.

Reactions: Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->