Injury Report: Kulikov Back Surgery - update (Decided Not To Have Surgery - new timeline 3-4 weeks)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was kind of expecting this. It's a similar time line to Parise in Minnesota. Probably not available in the first two playoff rounds. Does anyone know if a player can do a conditioning stint in the AHL playoffs? Hope he doesn't end up like Clitsome.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Good thing Chariot has been decent as looks like he will be playing the first 2 rounds for us.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Too bad I feel for Kuli. He is on a good team this season and is going to miss the best time of the year. Makes the D depth acquisition at the deadline more attractive.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
This f***ing sucks, there goes our defensive depth... I only wish we could bring Niku up as his replacement(Niku probably won’t be as good defensively compared to Kulikov but I don’t think Morrow is anything to great and isn’t close to Kulikov in that area either).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We should definitely give Niku a shot towards the end of the season and see what we have in him. I expect him to get a couple games at the end of the season.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Too bad, Kuli was a nice addition and a good upgrade on Chiarot in some key areas. Chiarot has been playing fine but Kuli is better for the Jets transition game. I don't think Chiarot covers for Myers shortcomings as well as Kulikov, if that's the way Maurice decides to go, which I hope it is regardless. Morrissey-Trouba, Buff-Enstrom need to see as much of the ice as possible in the playoffs. Can't have one of Myers or Chiarot playing top 4 minutes at the expense of any of the others.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That really sucks. Thank God Chia's playing so much better.

I wouldn't expect to see Kulikov at all in the playoffs.

Yup, this. It said 8 weeks just gets him to the next stage, not back in the lineup. :( Just hope he is good to go next year.

Reactions: Channelcat

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Too bad I feel for Kuli. He is on a good team this season and is going to miss the best time of the year. Makes the D depth acquisition at the deadline more attractive.

Just reinforces my wish that Chevy had aimed higher. Lemieux to Calgary for Kylington, for example. He doesn't have Morrow's experience but he probably has more talent. Sigh.

Morrow has gradually improved since his first game with us but is still scary.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Kulikov is a good solid defenseman, however I think Chiarot will fill in just fine. It may be a plus playing Chiarot, as he has one hell of a shot, and will score us points.

I do not think this will affect our performance in the playoffs losing Kulikov, but I hope he makes a complete recovery, and is back with the team.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Just reinforces my wish that Chevy had aimed higher. Lemieux to Calgary for Kylington, for example. He doesn't have Morrow's experience but he probably has more talent. Sigh.

Morrow has gradually improved since his first game with us but is still scary.
The same player that is in the AHL under performing Niku and has no playoff experience for Lemieux instead of a 4th for Morrow? I don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->