Injury Report: Kulikov Back Surgery - update (Decided Not To Have Surgery - new timeline 3-4 weeks)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just reinforces my wish that Chevy had aimed higher. Lemieux to Calgary for Kylington, for example. He doesn't have Morrow's experience but he probably has more talent. Sigh.

Morrow has gradually improved since his first game with us but is still scary.
Kylington is not ready to help much this season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Reoccurring back injuries for athletes is never a good sign. Hope he recovers well

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Man that sucks
Hope he recovers as quickly as possible
I guess Chiarot is a regular now

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Really wish we had gone for Reilly instead of Morrow. Crazy that Montreal was able to turn Morrow and a 5th into Reilly and a 4th.

I say this knowing that Minnesota maybe just didn't want to trade in the division.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The same player that is in the AHL under performing Niku and has no playoff experience for Lemieux instead of a 4th for Morrow? I don't.

Prospects always have questions attached. Kylington has more pro experience and should be more NHL ready and better defensively. I can't be too strong on that because I haven't seen him play. Lemieux is also a prospect and he certainly has questions attached.

Morrow has 5 whole games of PO experience. Better than nothing, I suppose. How have you liked Morrow's play for us so far? Do you feel confident with him on the blueline?

I threw that out as 1 possibility. It would depend on the scouting reports on Kylington for 1 thing. The point is that there were probably better candidates than Morrow out there somewhere. If they cost a little more than a 4th, so be it.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
wonder is they bring Niku up for a few games.

Melchiori could be good for the playoffs as well. Big body.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really wish we had gone for Reilly instead of Morrow. Crazy that Montreal was able to turn Morrow and a 5th into Reilly and a 4th.

I say this knowing that Minnesota maybe just didn't want to trade in the division.

That Bergevin! No wonder he is known as such a great horse-trader. :sarcasm: :laugh:

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Not too familiar with Russian fauna but under the expression that even in our age, them Kulikovs still don't grow on trees. If the seasons done for then so be it, but the thought of losing him stings. Dude is a fit :(

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That contract got ugly quick.

Hopefully he rebounds well. He was a #6 at full health. He'll be a buy-out candidate if he can't get back to 100%. Eesh.

Might be a candidate for LTIR. Hope it doesn't come to that. But it might be better to at least get the cap relief that way.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i wouldn't mind calling up Nogier or Niku to, in the very least, take part in a few NHL practices. if you're hoping for a deep playoff run, i wouldn't mind those guys to not have any risk of stage fright.

that being said, having Poolman and Morrow as your 7th and 8th d-men, i'm not that overly worried.

what's up with the Jets and history of d-men with back issues? Clitty and Kulikov...

Reactions: Jet

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What is Enstroms' status? Day to day?

Morrissey - Trouba
Chairot - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers

Morrow and Poolman as the extras. That is still a very good D.

Reactions: Jet and Jetshockey

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Not too familiar with Russian fauna but under the expression that even in our age, them Kulikovs still don't grow on trees. If the seasons done for then so be it, but the thought of losing him stings. Dude is a fit :(
Yes, he will probably be playing a round of golf with Weber when Subban is dragging that old cup around the ice.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
What is Enstroms' status? Day to day?

Morrissey - Trouba
Chairot - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers

Morrow and Poolman as the extras. That is still a very good D.

That's fine as long as Enstrom takes enough shifts away from Chiarot with Buff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad