Value of: Kucherov next contract

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
When Kucherov's contract is up, they'll be losing the contracts of Girardi, Sustr, Coburn, and Kunitz theoretically. Basically $11 million in cap space to re-sign Point, give Kuch a raise, and re-sign Stralman.

I'd say 4.75m to 8.5m for Kuch, 4.5m to 6m for Stralman, and Give Point a 3X2 bridge. Then use the rest of the money to re-sign Dotchin, Koekkoek and Namestnikov.

Then when Sergachev needs his contract after ELC, you'll be losing the 5.8 million from Callahan.

I think Kuych's floor is 8.5...and I thought i was conservative..

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He will most likely take 1 mil under the going rate. Tampa seems like a team that wants to say together. As for the going rate I think it's about 10-11 for a guy that produces like him.

As for what Stamkos got it had a bit to do with all his injuries.

Also you can't forget that the NHLP doesn't want their players taking too huge of discounts, because it also affects the other players trying to get paid.
While this is true (to a degree - at the end of the day the players get 50% no matter what their Ks say), their ability to intervene in the negotiations of an individual player is limited. I heard a similar argument w/r/t Stamkos' negotiations, but there's no doubt he took a discount all the same. Kucherov is the one who signs the contract - not the NHLPA.

I hope he takes a discount to stay - would be awesome for the team - but at the end of the day the only thing I really care about is if he's wearing a Lightning jersey for the next 8 years.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
While this is true (to a degree - at the end of the day the players get 50% no matter what their Ks say), their ability to intervene in the negotiations of an individual player is limited. I heard a similar argument w/r/t Stamkos' negotiations, but there's no doubt he took a discount all the same. Kucherov is the one who signs the contract - not the NHLPA.

I hope he takes a discount to stay - would be awesome for the team - but at the end of the day the only thing I really care about is if he's wearing a Lightning jersey for the next 8 years.

Remember when 7 or 8 mil per cap hits seemed insane, but quickly became the new norm. I'm really thinking 9-11 is becoming the norm for star player now. I don't expect him to leave, I don't expect he goes after top dollar, but I also don't expect he leaves more than over 10mil off the whole entirety of the contract. Right now he is playing like a guy that deserves 10-11 pre year(80-88 for contract).

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
100 point season despite pretty weak second half, 9 points in 4 games to start the playoffs. What's he worth now? 12M?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I think he’ll end up with $10.5 tops. He’s worth more than that of course but he wants to win and his agent has already said that they’re not looking to break the bank. That said we’ll pay him whatever he wants and worry about the rest of the team afterwards.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think he’ll end up with $10.5 tops. He’s worth more than that of course but he wants to win and his agent has already said that they’re not looking to break the bank. That said we’ll pay him whatever he wants and worry about the rest of the team afterwards.
Yeah - that quote from his agent makes me hopeful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->