Value of: Kucherov next contract

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
He is eligible to be extended this off season I think he can get 11m×8 If he wanted however with Tampas tax advantage I can see him signing for 9.5m as a team friendly deal

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
8.5m, he'll take the same deal as Stamkos.
I think he can receives more after 2nd bridge. Kuch had much more Playoffs stats and value. Kuch can receive 10+ but who knows- maybe he will want payback to TBL .
That payback have long story. When Kuch was at CSKA - he was injured and his team declined to pay for his surgery (despite conditions of a contract) - which could cost him a career. Tampa pays for Kucherov surgery and gives this kid chance - so Kuch have long love story with his team and Stevie Y. After that story Im sure that kuch never would go to KHL. Kuch hates them

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Not that I wish that Tampa gets boned in these negotiations or anything, but giving a three-year bridge deal to anyone has its downsides. I suspect that Kucherov's next deal might showcase that.
in other words, they are not getting him for under 10, even with the stupid tax policy of theirs

Reactions: kp61c

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why do people think a potential rocket/ross season would lead to an 8.5 million deal AFTER signing low on a bridge to help the crunch????

Isn’t this a pay me later scenario? Because Tampa fans seem to think that the tax breaks don’t affect the salaries

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why do people think a potential rocket/ross season would lead to an 8.5 million deal AFTER signing low on a bridge to help the crunch????

Isn’t this a pay me later scenario? Because Tampa fans seem to think that the tax breaks don’t affect the salaries

Hmm why doesn't Sidney Crosby have the highest caphit in the league if salaries are based soley on production?

Why does Hedman make less than Subban?

You don't think 8.5m is getting paid? Seems like a raise to me.

We're guessing based on what we know of the player and the team culture regarding extensions, of course an outsider who's clueless you'll just whine about taxes etc.

Reactions: Master P

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Hmm why doesn't Sidney Crosby have the highest caphit in the league if salaries are based soley on production?

Why does Hedman make less than Subban?

You don't think 8.5m is getting paid? Seems like a raise to me.

Crosby has a crazy obsession with his number. Ovy was the highest paid forever and then Malkin.

What do you think a 40 g 80pt 24 year old should get paid?

Drai got 8.5, eichel got 10... do you honestly think that’s all he is worth?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
He'll be paid like a top-5 player in the NHL. I expect his cap hit to be 10.5-11.5M. Anything less than 10.5M is a discount (it's important to note that his bridge deal is both a bridge and a significant discount based on his pedigree at the time he signed it).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Crosby has a crazy obsession with his number. Ovy was the highest paid forever and then Malkin.

What do you think a 40 g 80pt 24 year old should get paid?

Drai got 8.5, eichel got 10... do you honestly think that’s all he is worth?

umm no, that's my point - players aren't always paid what they're worth.......

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
cant see him getting less then $10 million x 8 years and that would be a discount imo. if toews/kane are at $10.5 million and they signed those deals a few years ago i have a hard time seeing how he cant ask for at least that

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Based on his comments last year, I think he wants to win above all else. I think he's taking the same money as Hedman and Stamkos. 8.5Mx7 or 8 years.

Reactions: Master P

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Based on his comments last year, I think he wants to win above all else. I think he's taking the same money as Hedman and Stamkos. 8.5Mx7 or 8 years.
This is pretty much my thinking as well, It's not really all that much about the money as it is winning a cup together as a team. And signing similar money as Stamkos and Hedman would allow it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is pretty much my thinking as well, It's not really all that much about the money as it is winning a cup together as a team. And signing similar money as Stamkos and Hedman would allow it.

You should see the comments he has about Stamkos, guy holds him in very high regard despite being the better player.
$8.5 would not surprise me.

Along with the cultuer amongst the core guys in Tampa, who all followed Kucherov's suit after signing that discounted deal - I don't see him chasing money, he'll get a hefty raise but you can bet on a discount.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

I was reading an article with comments from his new agent who also represented Datsyuk. Kucherov just wants to do everything possible to become Datsyuk. He also said that he hated missing the playoffs last year and that he doesn't want to miss the playoffs ever again and that he doesn't care how many goals or points he has as long as the team can win.

That sounds like someone who has bought into the team mentality completely. I really don't see him asking for the 10-11M he's worth. He'll stay at the 8.5M. It allows Tampa to build a team that doesn't lose more depth than it already has.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It’ll be humongous big.

Ideally the same as Stamkos. Based on the market, probably more. I’ll guess 8x9.5m

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Those acting like 8.5M is so absurd for Kucherov need to learn from history since it usually repeats itself. Yzerman got Hedman and Stamkos on major discounts, Palat and Johnson both signed for relatively low cap hits.

Is Kucherov worth more than 8.5M? Yes. But TBL clearly have established a strong team culture of top players taking discounts. If I am betting money, I bet Kucherov stays in TB for 8.5Mx8 years with a full NMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->