Kryo's 1st mock draft! Part1 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This is my 1st mock draft this year ! have a nice read !

Chicago trades 1st round pick(3rd) to Columbus for Columbus 1st rounc pick(4th) and Columbus 3rd round pick(64th)

Chicago trades columbus 1st round pick(4th) and columbus 3rd pick(64th) to Rangers for rangers 1st round pick(6th) and florida 2nd round pick(37th)

1. Wahington : Alexander Ovechkin(LW) Ovechkin is the best player in the draft and they will play him as soon as possible. He will be the go to guy in the future of this franchise and the future captain.

2. Pittsburgh : Evgeny Malkin (C) Malkin will probably stay one more year in Russia unless Pittsburgh want him right away even if there is a lockout... I doubt... but with Pittsburg everything is possible!!

3. Columbus : Cam Barker (D) Barker will add depth to their impressive young blueline, he will stay in the WHL next year unless they get rid of some defensemens in off-season...

4. Rangers : Rostislav Olesz (C) Olesz to the rangers make lot of sense, he will play next year(if there is NHL next year), he will be the future #1 center of this team very soon!

5. Phoenix : Lauri Tukonen (RW) Tukonen is a big skilled winger with lot of speed! he will play 1 or 2 years in finland before coming in NA! He has very good upside!

6. Chicago : Alexander Radulov (RW) Radulov said that he would really like to play with his older brother Igor, he has as much potential than any players in the draft(even Ovechkin). He will add to this team another forward to their impressive young core of forward. He will stay at least one year in Russia.

7. Florida : Andrew Ladd (LW) Ladd is a future power forward with a very good work ethic, Florida like these type of players and he will create one of the best combo of power forward in the NHL with Horton ! Florida will give him a long look at the camp!

8. Carolina : AJ Thelen (D) Thelen is the best Offensive defenseman in the draft IMO he would help this team drastically!!Could start as soon as next year!

9. Anaheim : Robbie Schremp (C) At this point of the draft they just take the best player available and Schremp fit that bill, he will stay 1 or 2 years in the OHL unless he has a real good camp! Could be the franchise center of this franchise when fedorov retire!

10. Atlanta : Wes O'Neill (D) Big defenseman with good offensive upside... They took him over green because he his bigger, but in general it's a coin toss between these 2 defensive studs!

11. Los Angeles : Marek Schwartz (G) Future franchise goalie, he will help this young team to build a contender !! at this stage of the draft he's a steal IMO!

12 Minnesota : Wojtech Wolski (RW) Future Power Forward! he's the best value! he could create a good offensive punch with Gaborik! still need time in the OHL but with minnesota you never know!!

13. Buffalo : Mike Green (D) Buffalo is ectasic that he dropped that far, they needed a #1 RD !! and they got him! Green will stay 1-2 years in the WHL! He could be the phaneuf of this draft!

14. Edmonton : Drew Stafford (RW) He's the best player available and a future power forward, Lowe is now the happiest man on earth! Stafford would start in the NHL as soon as possible!

15. Islanders : Kyle Chipchura (C) Islanders wanted a big two way forward with speed and a good offensive upside! Chipchura is not far from being NHL ready, he could start next year! They also considered Picard but they wanted a safe bait after last year gamble with Nilsson!

16. Nashville : Alexandre Picard (LW) Nashville can't be happier than that! they got the best sniper in the draft ! Picard is not perfect defensively and stilll need to work on his skating but he has a awesome potential! would stay at least one year in the QJMHL!!

17. St.Louis : Boris Valabik (D) They will consider to trade Pronger this off-season and Volabik could help them to fill the hole he'll let in the defense! He's a monster he still need more OHL time! he has chara type of potential!

18. Montreal : Enver Lisin (RW) Montreal could consider to trade this pick but they finally decide to select another boom or bust type of player in Lisin! Montreal want to build a fast team and Lisin is the fastest player in the draft!

im tired now.. part 2 would be relased very soon ! I hope you liked this part of the list!!
edited i forgot wolski !! :eek:

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Olesz + New York Rangers= Eric Lindros...

Thank God Olesz isn't coming out West...

Phaneuf vs Olesz Pt II

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
You're right... as an Edmonton fan I don't like that first pick (unless you believe that Montoya will step in and be a starting goalie for their team in the next 2 seasons).

By the time Montoya is ready, Edmonton should've already acquired a starter. I'd rather have any of the next four picks over Montoya hands down (especially Picard).

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Olesz + New York Rangers= Eric Lindros...

Thank God Olesz isn't coming out West...

Phaneuf vs Olesz Pt II

the guy gets one concussion and suddenly now he's eric lindros? please it was a minor concussion, now Malkin on the other hand was rocked but no one mentions that.

Safir*

Kryoptix said:
6. Chicago : Alexander Radulov (RW) Radulov said that he would really like to play with his older brother Igor, he has as much potential than any players in the draft(even Ovechkin). He will add to this team another forward to their impressive young core of forward. He will stay at least one year in Russia.

Wow! Is Radulovs potential really that high? I mean it's the first time I see him in the Top Ten.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
RDriesen said:
are you nuts. now i would love to get barker, but we arent gonna give up a 3rd just to move up one spot

Actually I think we might :) of course only if that is who Doug wants. He made the bold swap with Florida that could've resulted in a much bigger loss than a third rounder. Imagine if Florida made the playoffs. Swapping the 3 for the 16, ouch. I don't see it being our third, but one of the other later ones.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
17. St.Louis : Boris Valabik (D) They will consider to trade Pronger this off-season and Volabik could help them to fill the hole he'll let in the defense! He's a monster he still need more OHL time! he has chara type of potential!

Why do you assume he has Chara like potential? because he's tall? Valabik is a stay at home defensemen with limited offensive upside.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Alex Kovalev said:
Why do you assume he has Chara like potential? because he's tall? Valabik is a stay at home defensemen with limited offensive upside.
Chara was considered like that at the same age !! Volabik is also meaner than Chara!
Volabik still need to work a lot on his game but he still have chara type of potential !

X0ssbar

CBJSlash said:
Actually I think we might :) of course only if that is who Doug wants. He made the bold swap with Florida that could've resulted in a much bigger loss than a third rounder. Imagine if Florida made the playoffs. Swapping the 3 for the 16, ouch. I don't see it being our third, but one of the other later ones.

Yeah - I agree. If Barker is Doug's target, he would definitely give up a 3rd to gurantee him. However - IMO Barker is still on the board at 4 regardless.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Alex Kovalev said:

If the Blues do end up trading Pronger, I can live with Valabik as one of the first-round picks (assuming that Pronger's trade brings back at least one more first-rounder this year).

Between Backman and Shawn Belle, the Blues will have enough offense from the blueline in years to come. Valabik would help to fill the need for a physical presence on defense if Pronger departs, although both Trevor Byrne and Zach FitzGerald will be ready for the NHL before Valabik, and they can both help to fill in that gap as well.

PrussianBlue :blues

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
rnyquist said:
oh yes, he's the true wildcard of the draft.

Both he and Schremp are wildcards, Id hope that a team knows what their doing when they draft them, becuase it essentially could be a waste of a pick. Perhaps Chicago should draft Radulov and both Voloshenko and the other guy (forgot his name) to ensure that he has the best chance to meet his potential? Drafting brothers isnt unheard of, but has a whole WJC line ever been drafted by the same team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->