Kristopher Letang or Luc Bourdon ?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
After watching this year's WJCs...Letang. No question.

I've got a major hate-on for "Sucky Luc".

HockeyMind9

After watching this year's WJCs...Letang. No question.

I've got a major hate-on for "Sucky Luc".

Completely agree! There isn't a whole lot I like about Luc Bourdon. He tries to do too much and gets caught. He seemed to give up a lot of giveaways. Good shot but for a high first rounder I expected a LOT more. When Letang rushes, he usually get's it through and creates a good chance and is solid defensively too. Just my opinion though.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Completely agree! There isn't a whole lot I like about Luc Bourdon. He tries to do too much and gets caught. He seemed to give up a lot of giveaways. Good shot but for a high first rounder I expected a LOT more. When Letang rushes, he usually get's it through and creates a good chance and is solid defensively too. Just my opinion though.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who's noticed that LB picks his spots poorly then relies on Letang to zip back to stop the resulting threat(s).

There are a few delusional Canucks fans on the WJC board who can't seem to see it though. Wonder why? :sarcasm:

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Nice to know I'm not the only one who's noticed that LB picks his spots poorly then relies on Letang to zip back to stop the resulting threat(s).

There are a few delusional Canucks fans on the WJC board who can't seem to see it though. Wonder why? :sarcasm:

Don't know about that. I saw Letang commit more than a few bonehead plays where Luc backed him up.

I think they are both great prospects. I think Letang will be good. I also thing Bourdon has the potential for a better upside. IMHO

Last edited:

fogg*

Hmm, not sure whose opinion to trust on this one. "Delusional Canucks fans" or someone who has a self-confessed "hate-on" for one of the players being discussed. :sarcasm:

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Letang is Bourdon lite. He makes the same boneheaded mistakes as Bourdon but doesn't have the speed to recover from them nor the size. Their shots and offensive game are pretty comperable.

Bourdon, rather easily. I'd question who's delusional in this case, *ahem*.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Hmm, not sure whose opinion to trust on this one. "Delusional Canucks fans" or someone who has a self-confessed "hate-on" for one of the players being discussed. :sarcasm:

:biglaugh: :clap:

It's not a delusional opinion. Letang had made quite a few boneheaded plays and crappy passes, especially in the first few games. He was better in the last two.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Offence: Crosby, Malkin, Staal

Defence: Letang, Welch, Whitney

Goaltending: Fleury

WOW!!!

Yeah really. Let's get rid of the team! I wish the Canucks would move so then we could maybe buy the Pens! lol. Wouldn't that be something?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

I clicked on this thread hoping for some comments on two players, as I've not been able to watch much at all of these world juniors.

Why post such a stupid inflamitory remark? Even if there have been dumb comments by Canucks fans else where (like there are dumb comments by any teams fans on these boards), why bring all that nonsense here? Your comment has to be at least the equal of theirs.

I've heard good things about Letang recently, so if anyone has information to add, I would certainly appreciate it.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Bourdon does not think the game as quickly or as well as Letang. But he has much more amplitude in his game. He bigger, faster, stronger. Letang will be a very steady and good NHL player but Bourdon has the natural equipment to be more dynamic at the pro level. Really comes down to whether Bourdon can learn thru experience how to read plays better and learn to take control of a game. Comparisons between Jovo and Bourdon are not misplaced. Letang upside might be someone like Liles.

Lux Aurumque*

Bourdon easily.

Watching the WJC's, unlike most others, Ive started to dislike Letang.

Faute

Jun 17, 2006
Letang had one bad game, and it was vs. USA in the semi-finals, where he was outshined for the first time of the tournament by Bourdon.

Luc kind of reminds me of a Souray. All the tools (except he's a better skater), but lacking hockey sense big time. Having watched him in the Q and in both WJC's, I'd be very, very surprised if he ever becomes a good NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad