Player Discussion: Kristian Reichel #87

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Our #87 might not be as good as other #87s in the league, but what do you folks think of the player so far, after 3 games? Do you think he's NHL material? I would say he's doing rather well in his NHL debut. I am impressed with both his ability to track pucks and skaters down in the neutral zone, and his commitment to positional play, being in strong support roles defensively. He's also shown some pretty good hand eye out there. I think this might be a guy that sticks around for the rest of the year, if he keeps playing at the same level.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Our #87 might not be as good as other #87s in the league, but what do you folks think of the player so far, after 3 games? Do you think he's NHL material? I would say he's doing rather well in his NHL debut. I am impressed with both his ability to track pucks and skaters down in the neutral zone, and his commitment to positional play, being in strong support roles defensively. He's also shown some pretty good hand eye out there. I think this might be a guy that sticks around for the rest of the year, if he keeps playing at the same level.

He has been ok to me but he looks limited at times in what he can do with the puck.

I definitely am rooting for the kid, think he might be able to carve out a 4th line PK role on the team.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He has been ok to me but he looks limited at times in what he can do with the puck.

I definitely am rooting for the kid, think he might be able to carve out a 4th line PK role on the team.

I think if he can help the PK, he brings many of the same skillsets that Appleton did to the Jets roster. It's an opportunity. After watching the celebration by the Moose, you can see that's he well liked. He's a got a wife he'll have a family soon, I hope he begins a good career in Winnipeg. Playing juniors in Red Deer under Brent Sutter, I think he'll be effective under Dave Lowry. I believe that Reichel is the first undrafted player to make the Jets lineup since Brendan Tanev.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think if he can help the PK, he brings many of the same skillsets that Appleton did to the Jets roster. It's an opportunity. After watching the celebration by the Moose, you can see that's he well liked. He's a got a wife he'll have a family soon, I hope he begins a good career in Winnipeg. Playing juniors in Red Deer under Brent Sutter, I think he'll be effective under Dave Lowry. I believe that Reichel is the first undrafted player to make the Jets lineup since Brendan Tanev.

Yeah if he can be a good north south pk 4th liner then I'll be happy. He hasn't shown any semblance of offense in the AHL to really expect more then that though.

Yeah he's definitely the type zlowry would like imo. I see him more as a poor man's tanev myself.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

He has potential to be that Tanev, Appleton type guy I think. Those guys were no different than Reichel when they started out.

Reactions: GNP

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I love this deal. I thought once 87 got his feet under him he played a really good bottom 6 style. Smart, fairly risk adverse. He's got good speed and always seems to be on the right side of the puck.

Reactions: GNP and AlaskaJet

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I think we have seen if the Jets have this guy in the line up they are screwed. It's not his fault the Jets have less depth than a teaspoon but he hasn't shown to be a NHL player yet and if he's in the line up especially on the 3rd line the Jets aren't going to be doing well.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Good tweener who never mails it in. Not sure he's the answer to the Jets scoring winger woes, but he's earned the 2-way and will be a stalwart for the Moose going forward.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad