Kris Russell

Heater

May 4, 2007
We all know what he has done in juniors and with Team Canada. To make a long story short, my aunty billets some of the tigers at her place and she has been watching them play for the past 10 years or so. She said Russell was MH best d-man with the like of Barker playing there.

My question is, do you think he will do well in the NHL or what are your expectations for him?

I know he's going to an organization that clearyly needs a guy of his capabilities on the point and with Adam Foote there, he has a pretty good mentor to learn from. I think he's going to be pretty special.

What do you think?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think he will become something pretty damn good. He has one hell of a hill to climb thouse considering his size. But what sets him apart is his pure drive and determination. You can't teach that. Plus he has the talent. So yes I think he will become a great defenceman, maybe not a #1, but definitely a guy that changes the pace of the game. You win with character guys like that and that's what counts in the end.

BDubinskyNYR17*

We all know what he has done in juniors and with Team Canada. To make a long story short, my aunty billets some of the tigers at her place and she has been watching them play for the past 10 years or so. She said Russell was MH best d-man with the like of Barker playing there.

My question is, do you think he will do well in the NHL or what are your expectations for him?

I know he's going to an organization that clearyly needs a guy of his capabilities on the point and with Adam Foote there, he has a pretty good mentor to learn from. I think he's going to be pretty special.

What do you think?

Rangers got his brother, and if bloodlines have anything to do with, both should be players in the NHL.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

What do you think?

He's dynamic offensively, supremely poised in his own end, and has great character. Not much more that you could ask from a kid, other than size and a more physical game, but he's so good in every other area that he more than makes up for those deficiencies.

He'll be a fine player, top-pairing type.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
Kris Russell will be the next Scottie Neids in my opinion. Well a poor mans version of SN.

He probably won't put up as big offensive numbers or be as good on the PP but he is a very smooth skater, a very solid player for his size. But he won't be able to dominate a game physically but his speed will help him get away from having to be overly physical.

I like him a lot.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
when i think kris russell, i think of john-michael liles...not only because of his size, but just the way he plays too

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
One of my favorite defencemen prospects of all !!

This guys is CRAZY GOOD !!!

I see him being the next Kimo Timonen for the Blue Jackets !! John-Michael Liles is a pretty good comparison's too. I wanted my Ottawa Senetors to draft him :(

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I thought Kris Russell was the best defenseman I saw live in the '04-'05 season. I thought he was the best player on the ice for Medicine Hat as a 17 year old. He's an elite skater, passer, and for such a small guy can really fire the puck.

The best way I can put it is the kid just 'gets it'

I was more excited that the Jackets drafted Kris Russell than I was that they drafted Gilbert Brule, I just simply was that impressed with him. I think that he has perservered in a league where almost every team carries an enforcer, most of whom are 6'2 +, something that you don't see all that much in the NHL anymore, hopefully that should quiet down the size critics a little bit.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
BETTER than Rafalski?

He has a long, long, LONG way to go before he ever even comes close to being as good as Rafalski has been.

I know that, but he's gonna be good quick. Almost made the team this past year, and how he's progressed, seems to be a good bet to achieve at high levels in the NHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I know that, but he's gonna be good quick. Almost made the team this past year, and how he's progressed, seems to be a good bet to achieve at high levels in the NHL.

Yes, but it's OK to use Rafalski as a comparison but to pretty much flat out say he's going to be better is a huge thing right now. I like Russell, but I seriously have my doubts that he'll be better than Rafalski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->