Injury Report: Kreider fully cleared to play

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Great News!!! We do not see him for another week or so, I hope. Get him full speed %100 before hitting the ice for a game.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If the health concern wasn't directly due to a clotting problem (which seems to be the case from all i'm reading) then that issue shouldn't be an factor anymore. Seems like the surgery corrected that.
None of us are experts in this i'm guess so when he comes back is still anyone's guess.

As far as the stuff with the blood clots go you're right, I'm just guesstimating based off of what I've seen with other guys who have gone through this.

However, he did just have a rib removed. There is going to be rehab that is required to rebuild/strengthen the muscles around that area. That is going to require time (as well as getting back in game shape, though these things can be done simultaneously.)

He'll come back when hes ready to come back, but I'd caution against expecting him back soon. We're likely looking at a return date around a month from now.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wonder who AV will take out of the lineup when Chris is back. DD, Holland, McCloud and Lettieri. Centers would probably stay. Then it becomes pretty obvious.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Wonder who AV will take out of the lineup when Chris is back. DD, Holland, McCloud and Lettieri. Centers would probably stay. Then it becomes pretty obvious.

We're going to be short a few forwards via trade by the time he comes back so there will be a spot for him with out having to remove anyone.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We're going to be short a few forwards via trade by the time he comes back so there will be a spot for him with out having to remove anyone.

Grabner and DD - you're right.

I'm hoping that it's only one of Nash or Zuke, and if so, that one warm body is coming back to insert into the line up.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Grabner and DD - you're right.

I'm hoping that it's only one of Nash or Zuke, and if so, that one warm body is coming back to insert into the line up.

It should be both of them. There are fringe players down in Hartford who can be called on to fill in if need be. I could see them taking a body back just to have some experience.

Remember Carey is also skating with the team as an extra.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
This is nuts...

Then in the fall, I started to have some trouble breathing. I’d be out of breath sometimes when I never had before. I’d come to the bench tired after shifts, even some shorter ones, I was having a harder time recovering, and I really couldn’t figure it out. For two or three weeks there, I was coughing up blood at times, but I never said anything. I mean, you never really feel that good during the season, so I thought that it was just part of it.

And then when we came back after the [Christmas] break, I woke up the morning of the Washington game and my right arm was numb,” said the 26-year-old workout machine. “I figured maybe I’d slept on it the wrong way. But then after the first period my arm had swollen to basically twice its size and the docs took a look at it and could see that the circulation had been completely cut off and got me to the hospital immediately.

No exaggeration, most people (as in >50%) who ignored those symptoms would have died as a result of this embolism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad