Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Best case scenario is he absolutely dominates the KHL, comes back to NA next season and plays fantastic hockey for us. But it's so odd that half the board here is rooting he just gets his trade value up so we can get some mystery bag 2nd round pick. Who cares if he doesn't have the greatest attitude and was pissed he was sent down. Kid is still young. I'd rather have the kid who thinks he's too good for the AHL who has high potential (that yes is still very reachable) than some well-mannered 4th line nobody that we can sign 3 dozen of in the off season.

You would think he killed someone the way some of you treat him :laugh:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
It's not really about ice size it's about the pace and pressure that NHL teams play with compared to other leagues.
I'm sure there is still stuff he can learn and improve on in the KHL that will help him in the NHL but stuff like the pace of the game, the overall skill level of the players, and greatly reduced amount of space out on the ice because of positioning and style of play are the things that keep skilled players from easily transitioning to the NHL

He would have been better off going to the AHL, he would have got a chance pretty quick in the NHL again.

No, Kravtsov is right where he should be.

Dumb kid shouldve taken ownership of his own development, right from the beginning, instead of being swayed by the bright lights of NYC and an organization who have no idea how to develop forwards.

Just like Panarin, Buchnevich, Shestyorkin, he shouldve stayed in KHL until he was ready to go over. No sooner, no later. Instead he's been shuffled back and forth between KHL, NHL and the garbage AHL with copious amounts of drama included.
That said, much of this was his doing.

Reactions: vorky

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
based on that clip I have no doubt that Kravtsov would absolutely dominate the local men's 3-on-3 roller hockey league

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
As a reminder: Kravstov was the one who pushed for signing his ELC after only a year in the K.

That's the genesis of the problem. Naive Kravtsov probably was sweet-talked and promised the world by Bobrov, then went to North America with his head in the clouds. The mass media attention likely added to a kid's big head.
Dumb boy.

It never seases to amaze. Time and time again our kids fall for the "the fastest path to NA is the best path to the NHL!" bafoonery propogaed by greedy agents, blockheaded NHL teams, etc. More often than not it results in disaster. It's overload for most kids who are thouroughly out of their hockey and cultural element. Too much too soon at a critical time in development.
And here we are again with an impressionable and spoiled youngster.

Last edited:
Reactions: vorky and CLW

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It’s a great move. But I would like to see it somewhere outside a KHL all star game.
The move itself is not what’s important. It’s the ability that enables it. It’s the confidence to try it. It’s stuff like this that makes the high end offensive players that this organization is always starving for.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Cool. It worked against a 21 year old playing his 19th nhl game ever...by a guy who has already established he's got more to his game.

Right know kravtsov needs to establish he can do the other things....just skate conpetitively and competently at the nhl level. Till he does that these sick moves mean nothing to me.

I'll still go back to what I said when we drafted him...if all he's got are fancy dekes...were screwed. Cause those guys never ever ever play meaningful minutes in the nhl..it's the guys who have that...but don't need to use it all the time..that turn out to be stars.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Cool. It worked against a 21 year old playing his 19th nhl game ever...by a guy who has already established he's got more to his game.

Right know kravtsov needs to establish he can do the other things....just skate conpetitively and competently at the nhl level. Till he does that these sick moves mean nothing to me.

I'll still go back to what I said when we drafted him...if all he's got are fancy dekes...were screwed. Cause those guys never ever ever play meaningful minutes in the nhl..it's the guys who have that...but don't need to use it all the time..that turn out to be stars.

At this point I just care about him increasing his value. After that, we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad