Kraken 2024 draft

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If I were to guess the 3 most likely players we would be interested in AND are available at 8:

- Dickinson
- Helenius
- NBN

I wish it would be MBN, who I think has a higher ceiling than most give him credit for. But with Francis I think Dickinson really does seem to be his type - very solid and high rated.

And I have no issue with either but I would rather have someone like Catton, Senneke, Parekh, etc. Someone with the upside to be a game changing player for us down the road.

Sennecke is my personal top choice of anyone who might be at our pick, huge upside. Catton and Parekh have huge upside but more injury risk, and Yakemchuk huge upside but a lot of technical development needed.

So yes, basically we need huge upside. Take a big swing Ron!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I have liked Yakemchuk for a while and have no issues with him. Not quite sold on Eiserman yet.
Maybe I have been watching his highlight reels too often. What a shot, what a release, what accuracy. He has only one skill, but it is pretty much the skill to have, and he has it in spades. A risk for sure, but if he is capable of learning some defense, what a force he could be

Anyways, maybe we don't even draft at #8 and use the pick to trade for a guy like Marner.
Bite your tongue.

• Haha
Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I would probably be more surprised if Francis trades the pick.

I would be too.
Though, listening to Francis at the end of season interview and having him fire Hakstol tells me there's some pressure.

Personally I'd try and trade next years pick(top ten protected) if there was ever a trade for a high end player but you've got to give to get.
Bite your tongue.

Nah. :razz:

BTW: Here's my current top seven list/mock draft as of May 9th, 2024.

1) San Jose - Macklin Celebrini(who would've thought)
2) Chicago - Ivan Demidov
3) Anaheim - Artyom Levshunov
4) Columbus - Cayden Lindstrom
5) Monteal - Zeev Buium
6) Utah - Zayne Parekh
7) Ottawa - Sam Dickinson

That would leave the Kraken with the following options.

Defense - Anton Silayev, Carter Yakemchuk, Adam Jiricek
Forward - Berkley Catton, Cole Eiserman, Konsta Helenius, Tij Iginla, Michael Brandsegg-Nygaard, Beckett Sennecke etc.

If that top seven were to happen I think yo probably go forward at #8.
At least unless you really love the size and skating of Silayev and think he can become a dominant shutdown defender.

My preferred guy, out of the ones I mentioned, would be Catton, followed by Iginla and Eiserman.

Catton, potentially, has the whole package but injury concerns. Iginla has come along quite well and for all the flack he gets, Eiserman still just keeps on scoring and that's really hard to find as Kraken fans should know by now.

Also, if any of my top seven does fall to #8 you take him, IMO, even though Dickinson screems 2nd pairing/solid guy to me.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'd flip three and four (doesn't Anaheim already have defensive prospects lined up like 747s on a runway ready to take off), but otherwise this seems very possible, as these things go. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but I would love some GM to remove whatever inclination RF might have to pick Dickinson. If you are right, my preferences would be either Sennecke or Silayev.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'd flip three and four (doesn't Anaheim already have defensive prospects lined up like 747s on a runway ready to take off), but otherwise this seems very possible, as these things go. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but I would love some GM to remove whatever inclination RF might have to pick Dickinson. If you are right, my preferences would be either Sennecke or Silayev.
My stupid gut keeps telling me that Francis will go for a NHL "ready" player if possible. Silayev would fall in that category but has a KHL contract. I think MBN and Helenius are likely to be top of that list and still be available. Catton, Senneke who are the two forwards I would prefer at our spot require some time to develop and likely won't be NHL ready for 1-2 more seasons. Dickinson would fall somewhere in the middle there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad