Kovalenko and Petrov joining the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Andrei Kovalenko and Oleg Petrov will fly to Kloten, Switzerland instead of Maxim Sushinski, who will stay with his Russian league team, Avangard.

Source : Sport Express

Here's the list of the 25 Russian players going to the training camp :

Forwards

Afanasenkov
Afinogenov
Chubarov
Datsyuk
Kovalchuk
Kovalenko
Kovalev
V. Kozlov
Kvasha
Morozov
Ovechkin
Petrov
Samsonov
Yashin
Zubrus

Defensemen

Gonchar
Kalinin
Kasparaitis
Khavanov
A. Markov
Tverdovsky
Vishnevski
Volchenkov

Goalies

Bryzgalov
Fomitchev

Where the hell is Frolov??? :banghead: :dunno:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
good

i'm glad PETROV and KOVALENKO are joining. petrov is a hard working guy and kovalenko wants to prove he can still play in the nhl. i'm kinda tired of all these high-price fedorovs whining about their INJURIES...its HOCKEY! suck it up! (and this is from a guy born in Ukraine)

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Oleg Petrov? I love the guy, but he's not World Caliber... He'll give his linemates a lot of energy, which I guess is more positive the more talent you get, but he basically skates in the offensive zone for a minute with the puck, then loses it in the corner.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I've read somewhere that Frolov is ON the team, but he's not on the list ... weird.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
From what I read, I thought Russia was in worse shape than it really is. Their forwards are all talented, and their defense looks fully in tact, and if Nabby plays, than the loss of Habby doesnt matter. Or perhaps I am missing something? Do these departures make the teams chemistry better or worse? Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Psycho Joe said:
Wouldn't they have been better off getting a couple of youngsters who are hungry and want to prove themselves. This is just ugly.

Isn't that what's happening though? I know the current roster isn't as talented as it could be, but conversely, it looks harder working and more defensively responsible. This is going to be a tough tourney to win, for any team IMO.

DanKramerHabs

HFBoards Partner
Well ok, maybe the Russians have a different way of thinking than we do, but don't complain, cause their roster is still plenty good.

It could look something like this...
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Kovalev
Samsonov-Yashin-V. Kozlov
Zubrus-Ovechkin-Morozov
Petrov-Kvasha-Afanasenkov

Gonchar-A. Markov
Kasparitis-Tverdovsky
Vishnevski-Kalinin
Volchenkov

Nabokov
Bryzgalov

That looks like a pretty good team to me.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
On paper the Russians had a very scary team ... probably even more than the Canadians. But Bure got injured, and the rest of the team sucked on the ice.

We'll see what these guys are capable of.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The russians were never scarier than the Canadians the defense just isnt close but I do agree on paper they were prolbably the second best team. Its pretty sad when you could have had this team.

Kovalchuk Federov Mogilny
Samsonov Datsyuk Kovalev
Frolov Zhamnov Yashin
Saprykin V.Kozlov Zubrus
Kvasha Nikolishin V.Bure

Gonchar Kasparaitis
Zhitnik Zubov
D Markov Malakhov
A Markov Kalinin

Khabibulin
Nabokov
Bryzygalov

But you have this team.

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Kovalev
Samsonov-Yashin-V. Kozlov
Zubrus-Ovechkin-Morozov
Petrov-Kvasha-Afanasenkov
Kovalenko Chubarov

Gonchar-A. Markov
Kasparitis-Tverdovsky
Volchenkov-Kalinin
Vishnevski

Nabokov *
Bryzgalov

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
PETROV! :bow:

This is just a treat for me even though I'm not a Russia fan.. he was my favorrite forward when he played for the habs.. maybe this could be a foot back into the NHL door for him if he can have a part in a couple of games..

Trudel

Mar 9, 2004
here's the roster who's announced here in Switzerland to participate at trainingscamp in Kloten (a few players like Kovalev and Yashin are already there!):
a link with a pic: www.hockeyfans.ch, scroll down on the right side are the news, click on the one called "Showtraining der NHL-Stars in Kloten".

Torhüter: Maxim Sokolov (Omsk/RUS), Alexander Fomitchev (Novosibirsk/RUS), Ilya Bryzgalov (Anaheim/NHL, rückt später nach), Evgeny Nabokov (San Jose/NHL, rückt später nach, fällt ev. verletzt aus).
Verteidiger: Sergei Gonchar (Boston/NHL), Andrei Markov (Montréal/NHL), Darius Kasparaitis (New York Rangers/NHL), Oleg Tverdovsky (Omsk/RUS), Alex Khavanov (St. Louis/NHL), Anton Volchenkov (Ottawa/NHL), Vitaly Vishnevski (Anaheim/NHL), Dmitri Kalinin (Buffalo/NHL).
Stürmer: Ilya Kovalchuk (Atlanta/NHL), Alexei Yashin (New York Islanders/NHL), Oleg Kvasha (New York Islanders/NHL), Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit/NHL), Alexei Kovalev (Montréal/NHL), Sergei Samsonov (Boston/NHL), Maxim Afinogenov (Buffalo/NHL), Dainius Zubrus (Washington/NHL), Alexander Ovechkin (Dynamo Moskau/RUS), Artem Chubarov (Vancouver/NHL), Viktor Kozlov (New Jersey/NHL), Dmitri Afanasenkov (Tampa Bay/NHL), Andrei Kovalenko (Yaroslavl/RUS), Alexei Morozov (Kazan/RUS), Oleg Petrov (Zug/SUI).

bizzz*

Morozov will not be playing. He's got a groin injury or something like that. Nabokov's knee is too bad and 99.9 % he won't play either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad