Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
417 TO MTL said:
Can you read???

For god's sake, mods close this thread
I'd want the thread to be closed too if I was losing an argument.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jacobv2 said:
I'd want the thread to be closed too if I was losing an argument.

Sorry to tell you, but i'm not trying to win anything, you guys just come here to talk about Kostitsyn yet you know nothing about him, at least when I refer to Semin, I know what i'm talking about

What a stupid comment

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
borro said:
That is waaaay to funny. I'd love to comment but know 0 about Kostitsyn. Semin has done better than expected.

Finally some intelligence

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
i'm gonna post my final thoughts like Jerry Springer on this topic...

I believe Semin and Kostitsyn are two extremely talented prospects, I think both have a future as scoring line wingers, Alexander Semin is, right now the better prospect(can you read that!!!), he's almost 1 year older and has proven more than Kostitsyn has to this point, his future is very bright and I expect nothing but good things from Semin, I expect a much better second half for Kostitsyn, and hope that his skills translate into more points, but i'm looking to this year as more of a development year for Kostitsyn, next year is when I think he'll make his mark...

i'm spent, so jacobv2, did I win or lose, or tie this round? :shakehead

SwOOsh*

The fact that you keep stating reasons (ie. excuses) why Kostitsyn hasn't been able to develop fully or produce at a certain level and then when someone states similar circumstances for Semin yet show his ability to take advantage of his icetime, teammates, opponents, etc. you quickly deny them saying your not talking about Semin but Kostitsyn when the thread is a comparison between the two makes little sense to me. It's as if you want us all to just read your post as the final fact and not try and counter any of your points about the subject.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
SwOOsh said:
The fact that you keep stating reasons (ie. excuses) why Kostitsyn hasn't been able to develop fully or produce at a certain level and then when someone states similar circumstances for Semin yet show his ability to take advantage of his icetime, teammates, opponents, etc. you quickly deny them saying your not talking about Semin but Kostitsyn when the thread is a comparison between the two makes little sense to me. It's as if you want us all to just read your post as the final fact and not try and counter any of your points about the subject.

Ding ding ding!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
SwOOsh said:

No, I thought that it was a given that Semin is the better prospect right now, i'm not discussing that because it's obvious, i'm clearing misconceptions about Kostitsyn...i'm saying that just because Semin was able to adjust to the AHL and the NA game quicker than Kostitsyn, dosen't mean that he's going to be the better player in the future, some players (kostitsyn) have steeper learning curves...but as of right now, there's no question who's better

The reason i'm not talking about Semin is because he's the better prospect...

Now if you guys can't understand that then I don't know what else to say, i'm not talking about Semin, i'm talking about all the crap some of you are spewing about Kostitsyn when you know nothing about him, think of it as an education

edit***anyways, let's just drop it fellas, you guys always think i'm just building Kostitsyn up and making excuses for him, while I downgrade Semin, which couldn't be further from the truth if you look at all my post in this thread, you guys need to stop thinking that all habs fans are just homers who pick there players in any situation...anyways, have a good one...there bigger fish to fry with this whole CBA thing right now

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
417 TO MTL said:
No, I thought that it was a given that Semin is the better prospect right now, i'm not discussing that because it's obvious, i'm clearing misconceptions about Kostitsyn...i'm saying that just because Semin was able to adjust to the AHL and the NA game quicker than Kostitsyn, dosen't mean that he's going to be the better player in the future, some players (kostitsyn) have steeper learning curves...but as of right now, there's no question who's better

Now if you guys can't understand that then I don't know what else to say, i'm not talking about Semin, i'm talking about all the crap some of you are spewing about Kostitsyn when you know nothing about him, think of it as an education

edit***anyways, let's just drop it fellas, you guys always think i'm just building Kostitsyn up and making excuses for him, while I downgrade Semin, which couldn't be further from the truth if you look at all my post in this thread, you guys need to stop thinking that all habs fans are just homers who pick there players in any situation...anyways, have a good one...there bigger fish to fry with this whole CBA thing right now

Alright friend, we believe you, we believe you. Just put down the hypodermic and have yourself a nice scoop of rainbow sherbet. ;)

eatwake

Jul 14, 2004
417 TO MTL said:

god, I hate to stoop down to your level, but there seems to be no other way to get the point across.

Nobody said Kostitsyn was a bad prospect...

There are no misconceptions about Kostitsyn. Nobody denies that he hasn't had quality playing time. nobody denies that he has the potential to be great. nobody denies that his circumstances in the RSL and early this season in the AHL were less than favorable.

maybe you should take the time to read some posts more carefully other than your own. just about every point you made has been addressed in a response, yet you continue to repeat yourself over and over and over again.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
I'm going to have to go with Semin, partially because I haven't seen Kostitsyn play and partially because from what I have seen of Semin I think he could be an elite forward as he gets bigger and matures. Yes I'll admit I'm a bit of a homer cause I love the Caps but if you've actually seen the guy play you'd know he can absolutely undress defenders and not just 3rd pairing ones. He needs to get bigger so he's not so easy to knock down in the corners, but he's got great toughness and isn't at all afraid to mix it up. He went after Brashear, absolutely decked Tucker and seems to be able to swim through checks with ease.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Block said:
I'm going to have to go with Semin, partially because I haven't seen Kostitsyn play and partially because from what I have seen of Semin I think he could be an elite forward as he gets bigger and matures. Yes I'll admit I'm a bit of a homer cause I love the Caps but if you've actually seen the guy play you'd know he can absolutely undress defenders and not just 3rd pairing ones. He needs to get bigger so he's not so easy to knock down in the corners, but he's got great toughness and isn't at all afraid to mix it up. He went after Brashear, absolutely decked Tucker and seems to be able to swim through checks with ease.

He's not afraid to take on the big boys, but he didn't fair too well. I remember a couple times worrying he'd suffered spinal cord damage from face plants into the boards. He needs to put on weight to be more effective, but the grit is there.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
Eh he's young, he bounces. Watching him hit Brashear was funny, Semin left his skates and still didn't move him. Tucker he decked plain and simple. But yes he needs to put on some weight or ease off just a bit.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
eatwake said:
god, I hate to stoop down to your level, but there seems to be no other way to get the point across.

There are no misconceptions about Kostitsyn. Nobody denies that he hasn't had quality playing time. nobody denies that he has the potential to be great. nobody denies that his circumstances in the RSL and early this season in the AHL were less than favorable.

maybe you should take the time to read some posts more carefully other than your own. just about every point you made has been addressed in a response, yet you continue to repeat yourself over and over and over again.

At this point...i'll just laugh it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad