Recalled/Assigned: Kosmachuk Recalled

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The fact that he is playing on a brutal Moose team has something to do with those numbers for sure.

i guess. but he's 1 player on a line. and you have Morrissey who's on the same team who's shown lots of positives.
i don't think Kosmachuk's shown as many positives as a prospect could or should.
i mean, i was very wrong with Armia and i didn't think he was worth the recall.
and i used to be bullish on Kosmachuk before he played in the AHL.
you may be right.
i may be crazy.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
he's averaging 0.5 PPG.
his junior numbers didn't translate to the AHL.
what's your take?

Even with his killer season in the OHL, Kosmachuk never struck me as someone who was going to be a prolific scorer in the pros. I still see his most realistic upside as a grinder with an okay skill component.

He's flashed some skill in the AHL, but he doesn't really have any standout traits.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Even with his killer season in the OHL, Kosmachuk never struck me as someone who was going to be a prolific scorer in the pros. I still see his most realistic upside as a grinder with an okay skill component.

He's flashed some skill in the AHL, but he doesn't really have any standout traits.

Wow, writing a kid off after 1 and 3/4 years in the AHL is pretty drastic, especially given just how bad the Moose have been.

The kids got the same point total now in 10 fewer games. I thought he played a really strong game last night, I was there the kid did alot of very smart things.

Im not willing to say he will be a NHL player nor am I willing to say he wont. Might as well say Del Leo is a bust and Petan because they dont have 130 points this year in the AHL. Your Juniour stats NEVER translate to the NHL.

Lets just wait and see, I did think that he did look better then Dano to be honest, who I think is just starting to come around but has been struggling.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wow, writing a kid off after 1 and 3/4 years in the AHL is pretty drastic, especially given just how bad the Moose have been.

The kids got the same point total now in 10 fewer games. I thought he played a really strong game last night, I was there the kid did alot of very smart things.

Im not willing to say he will be a NHL player nor am I willing to say he wont. Might as well say Del Leo is a bust and Petan because they dont have 130 points this year in the AHL. Your Juniour stats NEVER translate to the NHL.

Lets just wait and see, I did think that he did look better then Dano to be honest, who I think is just starting to come around but has been struggling.

Not writing him off at all, and I think he has a very real chance of sticking as an NHL regular. My only comment was that I never thought his OHL numbers were going to translate over to the pros, and I'm not all that surprised by his lack of production with the IceCaps/Moose.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Not writing him off at all, and I think he has a very real chance of sticking as an NHL regular. My only comment was that I never thought his OHL numbers were going to translate over to the pros, and I'm not all that surprised by his lack of production with the IceCaps/Moose.

Ever take a look at Max Talbot's junior numbers? Talbot was also a center. Kosmachuk has a slim chance of being an NHL scorer. He's also kinda small and a winger. He does looks decent out there, but I think he will have trouble getting anywhere near the net in the NHL.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
After less night, I have less concerns about his skating than I did prior, but that still remains my biggest concern about his game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Kosmo looks like a better option on the 4th line than the Jets have iced on many nights this season

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
His skating didn't seem glaringly bad. He had one nice rush when he blew around the D and got that shot.....

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
Kosmo looks like a better option on the 4th line than the Jets have iced on many nights this season

It's called the Severson effect. If a butterfly flaps it swings in China, then an AHL player will blow by Severson on a nothing rush. Nothing against Kosmo, but I had an awesome time last night watching the Colorado D unit flinging poo all night.

Oops. Meant to quote Boxer Tim.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
For some reason I feel he will have a Stempniak-like career.

Now you've done it.... :shakehead

Based on his small NHL sample size, he looks like he could be a decent energy guy on the 4th line who can score some goals.

A future 4th line of Lemieux-Copp-Kosmo might not be half-bad. Speed, energy, grit and some scoring.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

He looks a lot better than Lipon who got the call twice from the Moose this season, just who is evaluating the Jets talent? Armia is another good example as is Petan in reverse.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Now you've done it.... :shakehead

Based on his small NHL sample size, he looks like he could be a decent energy guy on the 4th line who can score some goals.

A future 4th line of Lemieux-Copp-Kosmo might not be half-bad. Speed, energy, grit and some scoring.

I quite like that - all three of those guys have scored at lower levels - they do know how to put the puck in the net, and they definitely bring a bit of quickness and grit to the table as well. We've definitely had worse 4th lines.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He looks a lot better than Lipon who got the call twice from the Moose this season, just who is evaluating the Jets talent? Armia is another good example as is Petan in reverse.

No need to be picky about it. My guess it is based on roles and the right opportunity. The way the organization is giving the kids chances to show what they can do doesn't come along very often.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
He's got some serious offensive upside...3 years ago in the OHL he put up 101 points in 68 games!

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I quite like that - all three of those guys have scored at lower levels - they do know how to put the puck in the net, and they definitely bring a bit of quickness and grit to the table as well. We've definitely had worse 4th lines.

Well, only for 379 games, but who's counting?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->