Korolyuk out with a groin injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzi

Apr 29, 2005
Tyumen, Russia
Metallian, the fact that Zherdev was born in Kiev, Ukraine doesn't make him good enough... i think you're cheering for him only because of that...

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Bonzi said:
Metallian, the fact that Zherdev was born in Kiev, Ukraine doesn't make him good enough... i think you're cheering for him only because of that...

:rolleyes:

The fact that these guys play for you locally in the RSL doesn't make them better.

Theres a reason a lot of these guys are still in the RSL...because they aren't good enough for the NHL.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Den said:
Didn't we go thru a bunch of :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: somewehere? Have you seen Chistov play recently? Say in Spengler Cup? Ok you can stick with your :biglaugh: :biglaugh: and I'll stick with mine.

The SPENGLER CUP :biglaugh:

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Metallian said:
:rolleyes:

The fact that these guys play for you locally in the RSL doesn't make them better.

Theres a reason a lot of these guys are still in the RSL...because they aren't good enough for the NHL.

Kharitonov must have not known this when he split the two NHLers yesterday

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Metallian said:
one play and all of a sudden he's an allstar :shakehead

I thought you could do better then using the good old "not an NHL pleyer - a bad player" routine. You don't need to be 20/20 to see that Kharitonov-Malkin-Su outplayed most NHLers here

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Den said:
I thought you could do better then using the good old "not an NHL pleyer - a bad player" routine. You don't need to be 20/20 to see that Kharitonov-Malkin-Su outplayed most NHLers here
I am generally against the whole "NHL>RSL" argument, but when you compare a guy getting over a point a game in the NHL [in recent play] to an undersized guy who hasn't played in the NHL for over 5 years, then something is definately wrong

And so far, Khari is the odd man out on that line

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Metallian said:
I am generally against the whole "NHL>RSL" argument, but when you compare a guy getting over a point a game in the NHL [in recent play] to an undersized guy who hasn't played in the NHL for over 5 years, then something is definately wrong

And so far, Khari is the odd man out on that line

Recent play isn't good enough. Go to the WC, go to the Eurotour, play the first have of the season for a change.

I don't get it: what's odd about Kharitonov on that line? He fits like hand on glove. You seem to built team on a name bases: why do we another need a right wing if there 4 already on the team who are better then him? Why would we take a right wing Zherdev over left Kharitonov, when it's has been shown tourny after tourny that Sushinsky+Kharitonov works? You are right: it's wrong to compare Kharitonov who plays well and is right where he should be with a Mister X on a full position.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Den said:
Recent play isn't good enough. Go to the WC, go to the Eurotour, play the first have of the season for a change.

Recent play isnt good enough for Z, but it is for guys like Chistov who played well in tournaments full of a lesser talent pool?

Dude, you're absolutely nuts.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Metallian said:
Recent play isnt good enough for Z, but it is for guys like Chistov who played well in tournaments full of a lesser talent pool?

Dude, you're absolutely nuts.

2005-2006:
Zherdev: 0.68 PPG, -15 (what the ??)
Chistov: 0.74 PPG (in RSL!!), +26 (that is plus freaking 26 in RSL)

I am done arguing with you. I think Bonzi said it all.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Den said:
2005-2006:
Zherdev 0.68 PPG -15 (what the ??)
Chistov 0.74 PPG (in RSL!!) +26 (that is plus freaking 26 in RSL)

Comparing interleague stats.

Christ.

This is ridiculous. :shakehead

Bonzi

Apr 29, 2005
Tyumen, Russia
Metallian, all we want to say is there are SOME players, better than Zherdev, and these players deserved the place in the national team more than Zherdev.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Bonzi said:
Metallian, all we want to say is there are SOME players, better than Zherdev, and these players deserved the place in the national team more than Zherdev.

you and Den are on completely different wavelengths.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Metallian, i LOVE zherdev because he rules, but state that he would fit THIS TEAM better than any other player already in the roster, it's a non-sense.
You have to choose the best player to fit team russia in the current status of it, not the best offensive talent.
Zherdev will be a lock in 2010 hopefully

shawn_kemp*

Kharitonov > Iginla

if you don't agree with me, I believe you can go to hell :sarcasm:

;)

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Den said:
Didn't we go thru a bunch of :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: somewehere? Have you seen Chistov play recently? Say in Spengler Cup? Ok you can stick with your :biglaugh: :biglaugh: and I'll stick with mine.
C’mon Den, I’ve seen Chistov in the first games of Spengler and he looked out of confidence/shape. He was SLOW as hell in that match Metallurg won through penalty shots (Kaigorodov with the winner) for example. He certainly can play better than that, but the Spengler’s Chistov is not as good as the current Zherdev, not at all.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
helicecopter said:
C’mon Den, I’ve seen Chistov in the first games of Spengler and he looked out of confidence/shape. He was SLOW as hell in that match Metallurg won through penalty shots (Kaigorodov with the winner) for example. He certainly can play better than that, but the Spengler’s Chistov is not as good as the current Zherdev, not at all.

I've seen the last one and he ruled. But Spengler Cup was brought up only because that's the only tourney that could be seen in NA on TV

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Den said:

Agreed. Especially Sushinsky I think. He's been just awesome.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
As for Zherdev, he wouldn't fit this team. The guys we have here are all playing for Russia and all want to win. Zherdev would be more concerned with his personal stats.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
MOGiLNY said:
As for Zherdev, he wouldn't fit this team. The guys we have here are all playing for Russia and all want to win. Zherdev would be more concerned with his personal stats.

How are you so sure of this?

Slitty said:
xaxol = Ukranian

is there a derogatory term I can use for Russians so I can rebut this later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->