Korolyuk out with a groin injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

We already know that Morozov refused to be a replacement player, just like Korolyuk.

Korolyuk got in because of Zhamnov's injury, and as a result there was no chance Morozov would play.

Still, Krikunov had said that either Nepryaev or Grigorenko would be called up, but he prefered Nepryaev because he's training in Switzerland with his Russian team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
shawn_kemp said:
We already know that Morozov refused to be a replacement player, just like Korolyuk.

Korolyuk got in because of Zhamnov's injury, and as a result there was no chance Morozov would play.

Still, Krikunov had said that either Nepryaev or Grigorenko would be called up, but he prefered Nepryaev because he's training in Switzerland with his Russian team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

But Ivan is rather green :shakehead

shawn_kemp*

Den, maybe you should edit the title thread to something more explicit? Please?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Krikunov has roles for his players. Korolyuk's role is more of a checker, I do not see Morozov doing that as he is not that good defensively. I know Nepryaev is a defensive type of forward and I trust Krikunov's decision, finally there is a coach that has some sort of a gameplan.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Baron Von Shark said:
Darn, is he out for the tournament, or just next game? (Assuming they go on farther...)

I saw him leave the game in the 3rd period. How serious is it, no chance of him coming back for the next game a la Datsyuk, Volchenkov, and whoever else is playing hurt? Can we get a link please?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Vikke said:
Even though I can read it, I can't understand it. :)
Care to translate?

Blah, blah, blah, Korky out with a groin injury and will be replaced with Ivan Nepryaev from Lokomotiv, currently practicing in Switzerland.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
That sucks....

Khabibulin (which Im thankful for), Zhitnik, Frolov, and Korolyuk all out. This one hurts especially since Korolyuk has been one of Russia's better players. Anyone care to give us the lowdown on Nepriyev or whatever, who wasnt really a strong candidate to make the Olympic team from the getgo... why not call Brylin, Morozov, Zherdev, or something? They could be here by the time we play Finland. I guess the North American guys would take a while to adjust, but im sure the RSL has more to offer than Lokomotiv's best.

albertGQ

Jul 1, 2005
Calgary
Slitty said:
I saw him leave the game in the 3rd period. How serious is it, no chance of him coming back for the next game a la Datsyuk, Volchenkov, and whoever else is playing hurt? Can we get a link please?

At least you saw right (so did I). Bob "old" Cole thought it was Smyth that left for the dressing room even though the player that left was blatantly wearing a RED FRICKEN JERSEY!!!

Cole has got to go!!!

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slitty said:
That sucks....

Khabibulin (which Im thankful for), Zhitnik, Frolov, and Korolyuk all out. This one hurts especially since Korolyuk has been one of Russia's better players. Anyone care to give us the lowdown on Nepriyev or whatever, who wasnt really a strong candidate to make the Olympic team from the getgo... why not call Brylin, Morozov, Zherdev, or something? They could be here by the time we play Finland. I guess the North American guys would take a while to adjust, but im sure the RSL has more to offer than Lokomotiv's best.

Well, Korky has been very usefull, but not a goal scorer as he should be. Nepryaev is a defensive forward, played in the last WC. But of course there's no question that there are equivalent or slightly better substitutions from RSL: Chistov, Kudermetov, Zaripov, Grigorenko. He must have some raport with Taratukhin who was quite sharp on defence, and has been winning some face-offs, may be that's the deal... But then Antipov or But would be as good, and they are better scorers. I'd probably take Antipov actually since they play on the same line with Taratukhin.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
albertGQ said:
At least you saw right (so did I). Bob "old" Cole thought it was Smyth that left for the dressing room even though the player that left was blatantly wearing a RED FRICKEN JERSEY!!!

Cole has got to go!!!

Oh, I remeber that one :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
why is it nepryaev instead of grigorenko? i guess b/c nepryaev is a better defensive player? i think grigorenko was an all-star at a tournament when he played w/ datsyuk and kovalchuk? has he not recovered fully from the accident?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
nik jr said:
why is it nepryaev instead of grigorenko? i guess b/c nepryaev is a better defensive player? i think grigorenko was an all-star at a tournament when he played w/ datsyuk and kovalchuk? has he not recovered fully from the accident?
I guess it's because full squad of Yurznivov's Lokomotive is training in Switzerland now :D :D

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
nik jr said:

There are players in line even ahead of Grigs. Grigs is slowly coming back to his old self, but he's not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->