Player Discussion Korbinian Holzer

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I thought he was already eligible for AHL playoffs since that's where he was at the deadline? Were we required to waive him to send him back down, or is this just Bob asking someone to take him?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Maybe he's asked to be let go?
It would really be weird timing, because he couldn't join a German team now, either. Even if it's a personal issue, it would probably have been easier without waiving him - unless this was unconditional, which I'm not sure is even possible right now. Just somewhat odd.

I thought he was already eligible for AHL playoffs since that's where he was at the deadline? Were we required to waive him to send him back down, or is this just Bob asking someone to take him?
That would be my best guess, but that's not saying much right now for me.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It would really be weird timing, because he couldn't join a German team now, either. Even if it's a personal issue, it would probably have been easier without waiving him - unless this was unconditional, which I'm not sure is even possible right now. Just somewhat odd.

We haven't had a sacrificial Swede in a while, maybe he's standing in. Kjellberg, Hedstrom...Holzer?

Reactions: Vipers31

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My first thought is it has something to do with mutually letting him go but the timing doesn’t work and he still has a year left.

Maybe it’s just because Bieksa is healthy and they want him in San Diego

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
This is an odd game for these posts come out. He literally saved two goals tonight.

Everyone knows he's in over his head being a NHL regular, but I guess repeatedly typing the same thing over and over in every thread makes people feel better? What's the definition of insanity again?

Reactions: McDonald19

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
This is an odd game for these posts come out. He literally saved two goals tonight.

Everyone knows he's in over his head being a NHL regular, but I guess repeatedly typing the same thing over and over in every thread makes people feel better? What's the definition of insanity again?

People always complain about scrubs making $700-900k. Nothing new. Of course, ideally Holzer is a #8 or #9 defenseman. But that's also what he's getting paid to be. He's being used as a #6 which is not his fault. We're in re-tool mode and the glaring holes in the lineup have been obvious all along. The only way we were ever gonna make the playoffs was if the kids stepped up big time, which hasn't happened.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's better than Guhle that's for sure. He still should be in AHL but atleast he's physical and can clear the net.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Holzer has been better this year, not good, but fewer 1st class mistakes. He seems to be serviceable enough for now. If we were a playoff team, it would be a different story.

John

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Would you trade him?
Depends on the price. Since we`re selling we could entertain that option but honestly he has been a good player for us. A contender looking to bolster up their 3d pair could have a reall solid addition with him.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Depends on the price. Since we`re selling we could entertain that option but honestly he has been a good player for us. A contender looking to bolster up their 3d pair could have a reall solid addition with him.
Why was he in the press box tonight?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Why was he in the press box tonight?
I don`t know, I wonder the same with Sprong. But Holzer hurt his knee/leg in a collision with Tuch, I was wondering he was back in that game, but they might be giving some rest.
Also, Yotes are smaller and less physical than the Knights so they maybe felt MDZ had to play instead.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->