Kopitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
I heard about this guy and had visions of the next Bondra. Then I heard he is a bit slow footed. Can someone who has seen this guy give me a comparison as to who he plays like? Also. is his spped adaquete or is he slow?

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Vinland said:
Why wait for someone who has seen him? You comment all the time and never see any of the players you babble on about.

I guess I trust people like you to be honest. That is a mistake.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Vinland said:
Why wait for someone who has seen him? You comment all the time and never see any of the players you babble on about.

Just a note, the guys who see them every day never make mistakes like Daigle or Fogarty don't they? The reality is most people here don't get to see guys in person. In some ways, they have an objectivity. I still value people who have seen the guys play impression. Have you seen Kopitar play or are you just taking a convenient opportunity to bust my chops?

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Vinland said:
so no views means you have objectivity? Your a joke. No input from someone with views for you. :teach:

You didn't answer the question. No problem, I guess you're too busy showing people how smart you are. Just because you don't understand what is meant by a type of objectivity, it does not make it invalid. If everyone who watched a game was able to translate impressions into evaluations there would be no need for scouts would there? Further if one had biases(imagine that) they would tend to skew their evaluations. We never know if a big scorer is a Sidney Crosby or a Patrice Lefebre. Despite your objections, it is fun to talk about. Never was a scout, never will be, don't want to be. Prospects are usually sight unseen. As far as Capitals players, I was a season ticket holder for years. I have seen Brendan Witt and Olaf Kolzig far more than the people who go on and on about them here. Care to launch on a diatribe against them? :p:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
impressingagent said:
whoa whats going on here. just as excited to hear some conversations about kopitar. i hope your not talking to yourself too?

It seems like the first reply was deleted and the rest I can't account for.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
It seems like the first reply was deleted and the rest I can't account for.

Several comments from Vinland were deleted that had nothing to do with this thread. The question was who would you compare Kopitar to style wise. Bondra's game centered around speed and from what I have heard here, Kopitar is not fast at all. I was wondering if someone who had seen him could give me a comparison.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
borro said:
Several comments from Vinland were deleted that had nothing to do with this thread. The question was who would you compare Kopitar to style wise. Bondra's game centered around speed and from what I have heard here, Kopitar is not fast at all. I was wondering if someone who had seen him could give me a comparison.
I've seen him (and commented on him here) many times. Jason Allison and Tomas Vanek are good comparisons.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
steblick said:
I've seen him (and commented on him here) many times. Jason Allison and Tomas Vanek are good comparisons.
Nothing wrong with either of those! How does he compare to Latendresse in your eyes?

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
2005 IIHF World U18 Championship Div I Group A

Kopitar was the leading scorer in this tourny that ended last week. Haven't seen any discussion or info on this tourny so I thought I'd post it here as a Kopitar update.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournamen.../xml/1000000039/IHM1000000039Z07_85B_1_0.html

Belarus won the tourny beating Slovenia in the final game 5:3. Belarus is promoted to the 2006 IIHF World U18 Championship next April.

Kopitar was scoreless in the final game and looks like he went ape-**** with 14 PIM.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournamen...t/xml/1000000039/IHM1000000039915_74_1_0.html

Oh BTW, Siarhei Kostitsyn (Andrei's brother) lead Belarus in scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad