Kopitar involved in 64% of Slovenia's scoring

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
He's been impressive. I am suprised there is no thread on the Hab board whining that Gainey didn't draft him last year.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
In a way, I'm SO glad that Slovenia got pasted by Kazakhstan 5-0. I want Kopitar to succeed and be a star, but he had to stop producing for one game just to bring some of the posters back to earth.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
hawksfan50 said:
Let's be honest here: Kopitar is now getting his chance to "fatten up" his stats vs. the "also-rans" in the relegation round...so not a true comparison vs. Crosby,Ovechkin.Malkin now playing tougher competition...

Also--we all know that Backstrom was better than him in the SEL this season,and too bad Backstrom got bumped back off Team Sweden when Zetterberg arrived after Detroit's demise in the NHL playoffs...so the real story of this tournament isn't Kopitar--but rather Backstrom's abscence --because I'm certain that in direct comparison to PHIL THE THRILL's less than stellar performance so far,Backstrom would have wowed 'em,thus cementing the "fall" in ranking for PHIL that some still continue to disbelieve...
Backstrom is the better overall but Kopitar is the better offensive player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->