Komisarek versus Every Other Defenceman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Here is the real question for habs fans, to show that they are not a bunch of homers (just kidding).

Bouwmeester or Komisarek?

Bouwmeester would win easily of coures.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
19bruins19 said:
Here is the real question for habs fans, to show that they are not a bunch of homers (just kidding).

Bouwmeester.

Because he's Dutch and you can buy pot in stores there...

db23

But Komisarek is Polish, and you can get.....uh.......umm.....I don't know what they have there, but there must be something........

Kasparov*

19bruins19 said:

Komisarek, EASILY.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Komisarek vs Babchuk!

Damn, it's hard to choose with this one. The first one was easy but this one, I'm not sure. It's really close. Both have decent size and shot so...Well, I will go with Komisarek because he will be a real leader but he win by a little margin :amazed:

db23

DoobieDoobieDo said:
Komisarek vs Babchuk!

Well, Komisarek has the harder shot per AHL Skills Competition.

Komo - 97.8 in 2003

Babchuk - 96.4 in 2004 (winning time).

db23

Komisarek was drafted ahead of Hamhuis and Tyutin for good reason. Nearly every team thought he was the best defensive prospect in the 2001 draft. Florida would have taken him fourth overall instead of Weiss, except Komisarek said he was going to stay at Michigan for the full four years at the time of the draft.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
db23 said:
Komisarek was drafted ahead of Hamhuis and Tyutin for good reason. Nearly every team thought he was the best defensive prospect in the 2001 draft. Florida would have taken him fourth overall instead of Weiss, except Komisarek said he was going to stay at Michigan for the full four years at the time of the draft.

So I guess all 48 people or whatever it was drafted before Tyutin were drafted in front of him for a good reason?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
db23 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

db23

Coburn is underrated. Phaneuf and Suter get all the hype, but I think that Coburn could still turn out to be the best of the three.

Vic Rattlehead*

Oh, I would take Suter and Phanuef over Komisarek.

I give Komisarek the edge over Babchuk and Coburn, but it's very close.

db23

Komisarek and Bouwmeester are almost polar opposites and defencemen so it is hard to compare them. Bou has the best skating and excellant hockey sense, while lacking in the physical department and not a big shooter. Komo isn't a bad skater, but will never have close to the same mobility. He has a great shot and wins the physical battles.

Important to remember that even though Komisarek is a bit older, Bouwmeester has been playing the game 6 or 7 years longer.

db23

19bruins19 said:
Oh, I would take Suter and Phanuef over Komisarek.

I give Komisarek the edge over Babchuk and Coburn, but it's very close.

No way on Suter. Komisarek had nearly the same amount of points as an NCAA freshman as Suter at the same age, both were All Rookie selections. But Mike is about 3 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier.

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
db23 said:

Yep, everyone thought that at the time. But everyone also thought that Alexander Svitov and Miko Koivu were better than Tuomu Ruutu. Times change.

Tyutin scored 2 goals and 5 assists in his first 25 NHL games, played a solid physical game, and kept his +/- reasonably in line. And he did it on a simply dreadful NYR squad playing 22 minutes a night for a lost cause.

Komisarek has 5 assists in his first 67 NHL games and is stuck playing third pair minutes. Admittedly for a better squad, but still, 5 assits? Why are we even talking about his shot? Dale Purinton outscores the kid over the last two years. (And this is not an endorsement of Purinton.)

I like Komisarek. He's been a favorite prospect of mine for awhile. And Tjutin, whom I've seen play at both the NHL and AHL level, just doesn't set my heart ablaze the way he does for many Ranger fans. I tend to think he'll top out as a really good 3rd dman who plays 20 minutes a game in all situations. But not a real franchise guy.

But that being said, Fedor's way ahead of Komisarek right now. The only thing Komisarek's got on Tjutin is some size and fighting. Tjutin's got a better international resume, he's a better scorer, better passer, better skater, and he's hardly a midget in his own right. (a legit 6'2" 220lbs.)

I do not know if Komisarek is going to develop into a Scott Stevens, or if Fedor Tjutin is going to level off at a Boris Mironov. But as of today, Tjutin's in the lead and not showing any weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->