Komarov worst forward for offense? (PP discussion)

Is Komarov the worst F playing at offense?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Agreed.

If he played like that more often we wouldn’t need the thread.

Played well back on the Kadri line last night. Got an assist and Kadri’s offense didn’t suffer.

More importantly, a strong defensive game for that line which has been a little leaky since Marner joined.

No idea if we are back to this combo permanently but he deserves a little shout out for a good game.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Played well back on the Kadri line last night. Got an assist and Kadri’s offense didn’t suffer.

More importantly, a strong defensive game for that line which has been a little leaky since Marner joined.

No idea if we are back to this combo permanently but he deserves a little shout out for a good game.

He’s certainly has had more than one good game this year - but still doesn’t change the fact that overall he looks quite a bit worse than he has in previous seasons....

I imagine once Matthews returns we will see a return to the lines Babcock has been using just before the injury happened, but we will obviously have to wait and see.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He’s certainly has had more than one good game this year - but still doesn’t change the fact that overall he looks quite a bit worse than he has in previous seasons....

I imagine once Matthews returns we will see a return to the lines Babcock has been using just before the injury happened, but
we will obviously have to wait and see.

Maybe game specific? Like with a top team that needs a more defensive stronger unit?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Marner has been a 'minus' player in 12 more games then Komarov. Offense doesn't necessarily win games.
Could you replace a Cup team's 3rd line winger with Komarov and still win? Yes, many teams would of even
been better. It would be nice to see him elevate his offense somewhat, but he's way closer to doing what he
needs to do over the production of other players on the club.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Maybe game specific? Like with a top team that needs a more defensive stronger unit?

He’s been able to perform well defensively in the past and not be this dreadful while he has the puck. Compare this seasons Leo to how he’s played the past couple seasons he’s noticeably worse.

Even some of his defensive metrics (ie possession) have looked shakey at times.

He’s responded excellently to his recent stint on the 4th line. Which, for the sake of the team I hope he returns to once Matthews is healed

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Marner has been a 'minus' player in 12 more games then Komarov. Offense doesn't necessarily win games.
Could you replace a Cup team's 3rd line winger with Komarov and still win? Yes, many teams would of even
been better. It would be nice to see him elevate his offense somewhat, but he's way closer to doing what he
needs to do over the production of other players on the club.

To add, Kadri has been worse from a minus standpoint with Marner.

The reunited line was pretty good last night.

I guess a lot depends on how Babcock wants to match up when we get to the playoffs.

It is nice to have options.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He’s been able to perform well defensively in the past and not be this dreadful while he has the puck. Compare this seasons Leo to how he’s played the past couple seasons he’s noticeably worse.

Even some of his defensive metrics (ie possession) have looked shakey at times.

He’s responded excellently to his recent stint on the 4th line. Which, for the sake of the team I hope he returns to once Matthews is healed

He's been good on the 4th line and I think he'll shine in the playoffs. But they have to move on from him after this year.

Reactions: Menzinger

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Komarov can be resigned and compete for his job. Unless his asking price is too much, he's the barrier younger players need to push past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->