Line Combos: Komarov Watch

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
johnnson has another game to show why he deserves to be in over komo...if we win 2 games with johnsson contributing one would hope that babs, even if its just superstition, would leave the lineups as is(well outside of moore/kadri switch)

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
No offense...but someone needs to Tonya Harding this guy. Babcock won't willingly take him out if the line up.

*** I don't actually condone violence to anyone. Let alone a maple leaf. **"

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
I believe cagey, wily Babcock is holding him out of game 4 deliberately-because he needs “injury recovery time”.

If the Leafs win game 4 then I believe Babcock will not dare put him in for game 5, the pivotal game, because he will be vilified if we lose. The heat will really turn up on him.
If they lose game 4 then easy decision to bring him back in for game 5, especially needing more physicality in the Bruins tough home barn (that will be the reason given). I think Babcock won’t have a tough decision at all for game 5-game 4 will dictate the decision.

On a side note and for all those who accuse us Leaf diehards of always nitpicking and being critical; we don’t have any personal agenda against Leo, a lot of us simply believe the team is better without him, you play your best.

But don’t be shy to check out Monday’s in between periods mini-rant by analyst Nick Kypreos. He can’t believe how Komorov is in the lineup either, nothing to do with recent injury.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
You're a moron if you think the PK troubles lie solely on him. Our PK looked awful again on Monday. If it wasn't for Andersen they would have scored multiple times.

On the PK they go out in units. Not one verses 5. It's everyone on that units fault not one person. We get it, you don't like Komarov but stop being a jackass

Seems like he's not so key, you're a moron if you think having Komarov in the lineup actually does anything but helps Boston win.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Johnsson looks like a lost puppy in the defensive zone. I like him a lot but he's not there defensively

I don’t think he’s been as bad defensively as you’re making it out to be, but even if he’s been a bit worse, ultimately he’s overall been a lot better then Komarav

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Seems like he's not so key, you're a moron if you think having Komarov in the lineup actually does anything but helps Boston win.

Did I say anything about winning or did I say people need to stop blaming one person for a team issue?

I said the latter.

The penalty kill looked attrotious on Monday and that was without Komarov on it. If it weren't for andersen making a couple huge saves and the post, the Boston PP would have been 100%. So clearly it just isn't a Komarov issue. It's a system issue.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I have a hard time believing that Babs would put Leo in for Game 5, assuming he's healthy and we win tomorrow. Would be ridiculous to go 2-0 without him in the lineup only to put him back in. Ideally we take out Moore and slot Naz back in.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I have a hard time believing that Babs would put Leo in for Game 5, assuming he's healthy and we win tomorrow. Would be ridiculous to go 2-0 without him in the lineup only to put him back in. Ideally we take out Moore and slot Naz back in.

If we win tomorrow we've gone 2-0 without Kadri as well. So should babcock also leave him out of the line up?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If we win tomorrow we've gone 2-0 without Kadri as well. So should babcock also leave him out of the line up?
Fair point (we'd be 2-1 without him, though) but I also don't think that even Babcock views the two of them the same, nor should he.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Fair point but I also don't think that even Babcock views the two of them the same, nor should he.

True, but I'm just trying to show you that we don't win or lose based on one person.

Komarov being in the line up isn't the reason we lost. And him being out of the line up isn't the reason why we won. Kadri was out on Monday as well. It's merely a coincidence

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-4-18_15-51-55.png

Update.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Thank god. He kills every line he is on. 4th line was night and day better last game with the threat if speed on the outside wings.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We be aaight with or without Leo. He might still cecide the Cup for us this year already. He that smart on ice and scores some big goals at times. He was the biggest scorer in the KHL where they won the championchip and Komarov scored a load of deciding goals in the playoffs, and in the regular season. He sometimes does that in the NHL too, but he plays fewer minutes here. At russia, he played even more, tons of more and scored big time every night. But yeah, we be aaight without him for now, he might decide the Cup or some weird OT game in the future this year. Playoffs are that much fun. :fun: :fist:

Reactions: Canadian Finn

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
No offense...but someone needs to Tonya Harding this guy. Babcock won't willingly take him out if the line up.

*** I don't actually condone violence to anyone. Let alone a maple leaf. **"

People were speaking in the same tone about Plekanec on Monday morning, before he turned in a great performance on Monday night.

We need to relax here and just trust the damn coach.

The Leafs aren't going to win or lose based on whether or not Komarov is in the lineup

Reactions: francis246

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad