Post-Game Talk: Knights slay Bruins 3-1 at home: NEW COACH beat by NEW NHLER:"Bruce Cassidy & the Shipachyov Kid"

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Knights Win!!!! Pretty solid hard working performance all round, Subban really unlucky to not get the shutout but the team won!!! 4-1-0 Yeah Baby!!!!!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Congrats guys on the amazing start! Can’t wait until the Dec 31st game vs. the Leafs (my first time in Vegas).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Man...I really gotta stop taking naps. I never wake up when I want to.

Super bummed I missed this one live. But really happy to wake up to a decisive win!

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Got back from the game. As many Bruins jerseys as Knights ones.

In the section we were seated, quite a few Bruins fans. Their chants were loud and coordinated. VGK chants were feeble and sporadic at times.

Tuch looked impressive.

I was impressed by the size of the travel team of Bruins nation. I imagine that many fan clubs will be coming in during the weeks to come.

Hopefully, the VGK fan base will similarly continue to mature and expand.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Not happy with the start time to this game. I am forced to sell my tickets due to work.

So did I. I planned for a 7pm start & was going to head to TMA right from work. Such a lame start time. :eyeroll:

I turned it on at the bar. Had a few guests from Toronto who were into it with me.

I was able to watch a little. That was a heck of a snipe from Tuch.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Had to watch the game on DVR, so, I wasn't able to join everyone on here. But, what a game!

Tuch looked awesome. Shippy seems to be finding his way. And Subie looked confident in net. Great comeback game after the disappointing 3rd period against Detroit!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I really hope that Tuch and Shipachyov scoring gets McPhee going on getting the roster compliant. I've been ranting to my girlfriend about their absence and seeing that they scored today only frustrates me more that once our players come off IR, McPhee is either going to have to waive some guys or pull the trigger on some kind of trade and I'm just worried that he won't.

Theo should be with the team too. I can't fathom what benefit he's getting from making a joke of the AHL.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
297262.a52a1b7d.630x354o.1b208bc60258.jpeg

3 Knights of the Night

1. Vadim Shipachyov

2. Alex Tuch

3. Malcolm Subban

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
so...we're just gonna pretend we all didn't see a knight take his pants off and fight an armor clad bear. :jockstrap:
:fence:
For the record,... he didn't take off his pants! There's the English expression "scare the pants off" as in, the Bruins scare the pants off of the Knights.

Of course, in the end, fortunately the big brown bears of Boston did not scare the pants off of the Knights. :yo:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Some interesting ice times. Ship came in with about 10 minutes, while Hunt has 20.

I was going to say just waive Hunt, but how did he play in those 20 minutes? Thought he would be sheltered on the bottom pair unless this was a showcase game.

Hopefully he or Merrill are tradeable
Now, and then you can just waive Nosek who is the oddball on the 4th line and keep both Tuch and Ship.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Congrats (again)! This team is doing all it can to raise new fans, what a nice start for a new franchise. Too bad Subban didn't get the shutout but still, amazing stuff so far.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I really hope that Tuch and Shipachyov scoring gets McPhee going on getting the roster compliant. I've been ranting to my girlfriend about their absence and seeing that they scored today only frustrates me more that once our players come off IR, McPhee is either going to have to waive some guys or pull the trigger on some kind of trade and I'm just worried that he won't.

Theo should be with the team too. I can't fathom what benefit he's getting from making a joke of the AHL.

Shipachev is a hard guy to communique, and he doesn't speak English, so he's probably in the head coach's doghouse. It's just his $4.5M/year, that forces the management to use him. They probably hoped, he would say good bye and get back to the KHL, but he didn't and now even scored a goal.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Some interesting ice times. Ship came in with about 10 minutes, while Hunt has 20.

I was going to say just waive Hunt, but how did he play in those 20 minutes? Thought he would be sheltered on the bottom pair unless this was a showcase game.

The difference in TOI was Hunt played PP and Merrill not. Kind of useless if Merrill won't play special teams, but it was his first game. Nobody will trade for them and Reinhart might be below them.
I thought they would play Merrill with Miller too.
It's great if you can dominate faceoffs like they did.
Ship's line was on fire and Subban burnt his former team.
Gallant did a great job even with a lucky goalpost and Bruins on a b2b.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Shipachev is a hard guy to communique, and he doesn't speak English, so he's probably in the head coach's doghouse. It's just his $4.5M/year, that forces the management to use him. They probably hoped, he would say good bye and get back to the KHL, but he didn't and now even scored a goal.

I don't think Ship is in Gallant's doghouse.
Ship has value and nobody wants to lose him for nothing.
This was all about poor management.

Reactions: TychoFan

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
What do you think about something like that?

OSCAR LINDBERG VADIM SHIPACHYOV ALEX TUCH
DAVID PERRON CODY EAKIN JAMES NEAL
REILLY SMITH WILLIAM KARLSSON JONATHAN MARCHESSAULT

BRENDAN LEIPSIС PIERRE-EDOUARD BELLEMARE E.HAULA

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Now, and then you can just waive Nosek who is the oddball on the 4th line and keep both Tuch and Ship.

Ship played great. He was clearly being sheltered a bit by Gallant. Very few shifts in the third period while defending a lead. TOI stats get distorted like that sometimes. Probably would have been playing a lot more if VGK had been down 2-0 for most of the period.

Plus he hasn't been playing games recently, since he never actually dressed with the AHL team. So it's smart of the coach to not over do it. Let him get adjusted to things a bit again. I fully expect his TOI to go up, and up. Especially if (when) he moves up to better linemates.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Few quick thoughts from watching the game:

1- Karlsson looked so crushed that the goal went in off his skate. He did nothing wrong, and played well from what I saw. Glad he got an apple on the overtime goal.

2- First NHL game for Shipachyov was a success. But you already knew that. Cody Eakin was surprisingly good. Noticed him in a good way fairly often. He was my underrated player of the game.

3- The team seems very cohesive for an expansion team. They seem to mesh and are disciplined. Huge credit to the coach.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
For the record,... he didn't take off his pants! There's the English expression "scare the pants off" as in, the Bruins scare the pants off of the Knights.

Of course, in the end, fortunately the big brown bears of Boston did not scare the pants off of the Knights. :yo:

The Knights are on a 1 game streak with Ser Pantless.

Nosek may factor into long term plans. And Hunt just played Garrison's minutes and Ship hasn't played for 2 weeks.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Knights are on a 1 game streak with Ser Pantless.
Expect the next graphic to be about: flying by the seat of your pants! The newest Knights did just that last night, coming in cold from the AHL or mere practicing at home to the thick of things in the NHL. And they were flying high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad