Knights (K)News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I stand corrected. Does Hague slide as well?

I believe so, as long as he doesn't play more than 9 NHL games next season. He signed at age 18, so he can have his ELC slide for 2 years. Use Julius Honka for reference: December birthday (just like Hague), signed before his 19th birthday (just like Hague) and played two full years in the AHL and had his ELC slide both years:

Julius Honka - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

If you're curious, the following Vegas players will have their ELC slide this year: Suzuki, Glass, Brannstrom, Hague, Ferguson, Coghlan. Coghlan and Ferguson were 19 when they signed, the others were all 18 (Brannstrom was 17!). I'm not sure if Coghlan/Ferguson could slide again next year, because of their age.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I'm not sure if Coghlan/Ferguson could slide again next year, because of their age.
ELC deals can only slide for 18, 19 yo. Counts at 20 regardless.

Lots of confusing info on the matter - but September 15 seems to be the cutoff. Ferguson was born on Sept 20, and signed his deal on Sept 28 - though he was technically 19 years old at the time, your "ELC signing age" is how old you were on Sept 15 of the year you signed. In this case (which CapFriendly confirms), Ferguson's ELC signing age is 18 - this should mean that his ELC can slide again next season if he goes back to the WHL.

As you mentioned, an ELC can't slide if you're 20 BUT if the player turns 20 after the 1st of the year, he's eligible to slide - Coghlan turned 20 in February, so his contract can slide this year but not next year.

Learned something new today. :)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
'It's crazy': Ex-Wing Tatar relishes ride with Vegas

The assimilation of Tatar
Tatar said he understands Golden Knights coach Gerard Gallant leaning toward players, and a lineup, that Gallant has been familiar with from the start of the season.

“I’m just working hard off the ice to be ready,” Tatar said.

Tatar played in 20 games with the Golden Knights after being traded, posting six points (four goals, two assists) with a minus-11 plus-minus rating.

Tatar admits the adjustment was gradual, with the shock of being traded for the first time in his career. But the tight-knit, and inviting, Golden Knights roster has helped getting comfortable in Vegas.

From Detroit newspaper

Reactions: Nevada Jones

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Bryce Harper... VGK Superfan...

Bryce Harper's love affair with his Vegas Golden Knights - and hockey - goes into overtime

“I get more nervous watching them than anything I’ve ever done in my life,’’ Harper tells USA TODAY Sports, “even playing ball. I don’t get nervous watching my team or when I play at all. I really don’t.

“But when I’m watching them, I get so nervous. I’ll sit on the couch with my wife, going nuts.

“It’s unreal.’’

“I’ve fallen in love with hockey,’’ Harper says. “When we have kids, I want them to play hockey. How awesome would that be? I can’t imagine being on the ice and playing such a cool sport.’’

Harper has become Barry Melrose without the colorful high-fashion outfits, soaking up as much hockey knowledge as he can these days. Do you know any other professional athlete who attended virtually every Golden Knights home game during the winter, wearing their jerseys at every opportunity, and occasionally wearing a helmet watching them on his living room couch?

Do you know any other ballplayer who drops in on their practices, sends dozens of autographed bats with the Golden Knights logo to their locker room, drops the puck against the Washington Caps wearing an Alex Tuch jersey, and is already tentatively planning to see them if they’re playing in the Stanley Cup Finals on a May 24 off day?

“It’s the first team I really had a passion rooting for,’’ says Harper, born and raised in Las Vegas, and, yes, blessed with the ability to ice skate. “Growing up, I didn’t really root for many teams. I always liked the Lakers. Liked Dallas in football.

"But those are all the winning teams. Even baseball, I’d get home and watch the Braves on Turner, or the Cubs on WGN, right after “Full House’’ and “Family Matters.’’

“But now, I can’t get enough of them. I watch them religiously. I love hockey.’’

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Awesome to have a superfan in our corner. Plus I've always loved Harper due to his "that's a clown question bro" comment to the press. Still use that one lmao.

I've mentioned this before and people had nothing but bad things to say about him. His brother got into hockey first and they used to take road trips to watch NHL games. Bryce is very misunderstood for what he does on the field. He's a big Vegas guy does a lot for local charities and always will promote local businesses. He could have easily signed an endorsement deal for luxury clothing with a big corporation, but instead he prefers to wear stitched suits and eat at mom and pop restaurants then post it on IG which boosts their business.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I've mentioned this before and people had nothing but bad things to say about him. His brother got into hockey first and they used to take road trips to watch NHL games. Bryce is very misunderstood for what he does on the field. He's a big Vegas guy does a lot for local charities and always will promote local businesses. He could have easily signed an endorsement deal for luxury clothing with a big corporation, but instead he prefers to wear stitched suits and eat at mom and pop restaurants then post it on IG which boosts their business.

I've got no beef with Bryce Harper. He's a Vegas guy through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad