Knights (K)News

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'll believe it when I see it. I can imagine the conversation going let's do the Panthers and Knights. Then someone chimes in what no Blackhawks? Then another points out there is a league bylaw preventing Pacific time teams from any marquee games. Then another chimes in won't the Wings be good by then? And there you have it, Hawks-Wings at West Point

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
How Vegas success may have doomed Ron Francis in Carolina - Sportsnet.ca

VGK's success may have doomed GM Ron Francis in Carolina, with a new, impatient owner Dundon, who would love to have the success that Foley is enjoying with his (new) toy. Francis had three years in Carolina to try and turn team around. GMGM was able to start VGK with a clean slate.

Doesn't matter the owners opinion of where the team should be. Its still a new owner with a new level of interaction and the GM is not willing to do that. So be it, the owner can choose his own GM and coach and everyone will be happier

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
VGK's success may have doomed GM Ron Francis in Carolina, with a new, impatient owner Dundon, who would love to have the success that Foley is enjoying with his (new) toy. Francis had three years in Carolina to try and turn team around. GMGM was able to start VGK with a clean slate.

Doesn't matter the owners opinion of where the team should be. Its still a new owner with a new level of interaction and the GM is not willing to do that. So be it, the owner can choose his own GM and coach and everyone will be happier

Of course, the owner can do what he wants with his team.

That said, Francis did a lot of things right in Carolina: He developed younger players and a hockey system without mortgaging the team's future with old veterans. Oh, well. The future name of Houston Hurricanes will take some time to get used to.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Of course, the owner can do what he wants with his team.

That said, Francis did a lot of things right in Carolina: He developed younger players and a hockey system without mortgaging the team's future with old veterans. Oh, well. The future name of Houston Hurricanes will take some time to get used to.

That's not a bad legacy. Fact is most GMs and coaches are best at one part of the cycle, not all of them. He can make a lot of money and a great reputation rebuilding a couple of teams and then move up to President of Ops and see another GM take the team to the top. We will see what they do with the coach. Just think of our luck we got a coach who may not be the best at developing the youngest talent, but by stumbling into a veteran roster with only a few younger players it works out best. If we got him and GMGM took nothing but the youngest players he could and waited for the draft to yield fruit I think the Gallant narrative is much different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad