knight of the realm's mock v 1.0

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
1 chi-p.kane...chicago will take the offensively gifted forward in hopes he can produce like martin st. louis or daniel briere someday

2 philly-j.vanriemsdyk...varitable local boy with power forward upside

3 phx-k.turris...phx will not pass on his high potential

4 LA-k.alzner(d)...kings take arguably the best defenseman in the draft in the hope that he's ready to anchor LA's D with JJ in a couple of years

5 was-a.cherepanov...with all the concern over the transfer agreement, washington seems like the team most capable of dealing with his situation and inticing him to come over-not a gaurantee but he's my pick for washington

6 edm-j.voracek...oilers are very happy to pick him at six and hope he can crack the line up sooner than later

7 clm-s.gagner...columbus looks hard at ellerby but they go with yet another talented center that they can slide into their prospect cupboard

8 bos-a.esposito...like kessel the year before, another one time #1 overall pick falls to the B's who take the chance on his risk/reward potential

9 stl-m.backlund...maybe a stretch at #9, but i think his injury plagued season is a fluke and that he could be the steal of the draft

10 fla-l.couture...stock fell a little but i don't think he will fall out of the top ten. florida gets a good quality player at the 10 spot

11 car-z.hamill...some offensive flare to add into carolina's prospect pool

12 mtl-d.perron...with espo and hamill already gone mtl takes another local boy in perron who always seems to find the score sheet and knows how to show up during big games.

13 tor-l.eller...tor takes a chance on a kopitarian type experiment

14 cld-k.ellerby(d)...cld can't stop smiling when announcing ellerby at the draft podium. they rejoice at the good fortune of ellerby falling to them at 14

15 edm-j.blum(d)...edm grabs the offensively gifted blue liner with their second first round pick of the day

16 anh-n.petrecki(d)...big bruising Dman to stock the defensive cupboard

17 nyr-m.mayorov...i think mayorov will fall because of the transfer agreement but the rangers will take a chance on him at 17-jmho

18 cgy-b.sutter...a little nepotism may play a part in him going to calgary

19 minn-r.mcdonagh(d)...solid if unspectacular defenseman to sure up the backend prospect pool

20 pitt-t.hickey(d)...forward status being what it is in pitt, they go with another puck rushing Dman after missing out on blum

21 phx-b.sweatt..speed to burn could help phx out immensely

22 mtl-a.plante(d)...seems like a logical canadians pick

23 philly-c.gillies...could be a solid third line center one day

24 stl-j.andersson...played with backlund on frolunda Jr, i believe, seems like a solid defensive forward to add to the blues system

25 van-o.mueller...just a solid player all around with some offensive upside

26 stl-s.hjalmarson...seems to have been a consistent scorer all year and completes a st. louis hat trick of frolunda Jr players(it's a stretch but what do they have to loose?)

27 fla / was-j.smith(g)...if it's florida then i think they will take the number one ranked goalie with their second first round pick either at 27/28

28 was/ fla-t.cross(d)...i think they go for the defensive potential of cross at 28/27

29 edm / ott-l.macmillen...i think he'll go to either of these teams at 29

30 ott / edm-b.mclean...mclean is last to go in the first round

i'm not as schooled on some of these prospects as others but these are my best guesses so far! anyway that's all i have for now.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
9 stl-m.backlund...maybe a stretch at #9, but i think his injury plagued season is a fluke and that he could be the steal of the draft

24 stl-j.andersson...played with backlund on frolunda Jr, i believe, seems like a solid defensive forward to add to the blues system

26 stl-s.hjalmarson...seems to have been a consistent scorer all year and completes a st. louis hat trick of frolunda Jr players(it's a stretch but what do they have to loose?)

Interesting... but I'm not 100% sold on Backlund.

Substitute Eller for Backlund at ninth overall...

...trade the 24th pick with some additional assets in order to move up to the 10-15 range and select either Petrecki, McDonagh, or Kevin Shattenkirk...

...and draft either Hjalmarsson, Oscar Moller, or Max Pacioretty with the 26th pick.

P_B

:bb:

Bégin is the bestest*

i really like Perron, but i don't think the habs would pass on Ellerby, if he's available when it's Montréal's turn to pick, they should draft him and then draft Perron if he's available or Gillies with the 2nd pick.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'd just be super surprised if Shattenkirk didn't go in the first round.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
i really don't know enough about shattenkirk, it seems like he's all over the place on mocks and scouting guides.

i realized that ellerby probably wouldn't fall past mtl but after perron's playoff success i'm wondering if they might take a chance on him that high, but i think your right about ellerby after considering it for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->